Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Fever

I don't know about everyone else, but I am definitely ready for Spring! I woke up on Sunday morning to bright sunshine and I thought, I don't care what the temp is, I am taking the kids to the park! So I bundled Savannah up in her snowsuit, hat, and sunglasses and buckled her into the wagon. She immediately slumped to the side, so I had to push the Boppy around her body to prop her up. Jack fought me every bit to wear his hat and sunglasses but he eventually cooperated when I told him we wouldn't go if he didn't wear them. It felt so good to get outside for fresh air. Chris hung new light fixtures in the house while we were gone so he was happy to get that done. Both the kids were very good on the way there, and the park was empty so I put both kids in the swings side by side. It was so fun to watch them smile and laugh and watch each other swing past the other. The last time we were at the park Savannah was just a newborn, and now I have TWO babies in the swings, laughing and loving it! I felt so blessed. I was disappointed that I forgot my camera to capture those moments but I know there will be more to come so I will be sure to remember then!

After our long walk to the park!


Savannah is ready for her beach debut!


We had a great time visiting our friends in Cedar Falls on Saturday. Tom and Jamie are friends from dental school and their two children are about Jack and Savannah's age. It was so fun to watch the kids play and catch up with Tom and Jamie. Savannah and Baylor had their timing down, both spit up at the same time throughout the evening. Jack had a great time playing with all of Laken's toys and even got to give her a hug and a kiss and share a bowl of M&Ms.

Savannah and Baylor


Savannah enjoying Baylor's jumper!


Storytime!


Laken helping Jack ride her toy


Jack LOVED Laken's recliner!


New friends for Jack and Savannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment