Easter Sunday at Mom and Lyle's house.
We didn't get to Mom and Lyle's until Saturday afternoon because the kids had Kindermusik and Jack had his horse therapy lesson on Saturday morning. It was a fast Easter weekend in Sioux City but it was worth it to see our families. We didn't get to see everyone as much as we wanted, but I am grateful for the little time we had. We hung out with Luke, Courtney, Amy and Brook for awhile on Saturday and then went over to Greg and Rox's house. On Sunday after church my grandparents, along with Lyle's mom Gladys, came over for brunch. A delicious egg dish, cheesy potatoes, Panera bagels, and fruit filled us all up. Way to go Mom!
Savannah had a blow-out 10 minutes before we left for Mass and I had to hand wash her outfit in the sink and we were late for church! We can always count on Savvy to poop at the worst possible time!
Amy and Savvy girl.
It was so good to see my siblings. I got to see Luke and Courtney and Brook! Courtney is expecting a new baby and we are so excited for them!! Brook is going to be such a great big sister. She helped me with Jack and Savannah and I wish I could have taken her home with me! She helped me give Savannah a bath, and even brushed Jack and Savvy's teeth. We also got to see Jarrod and catch up with him and his busy life. He is doing well and kept us all laughing.
Lyle, Jack, and his new friend Sammy! Mom and Lyle bought Sammy a few months ago and he is one energetic puppy. He walked right up to Jack and licked his face and Jack loved it!
I never thought my mom would want a dog but she loves him and their long walk/runs.
Easter baskets and eggs at Lolli and Pop's house
We ate a feast on Saturday night at Greg and Rox's house. Rox made beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans, pretzel salad, and cheddar biscuits. Then there was Reese's pie for dessert!
So much for self control! Joe and Rena were there, along with Nick. Joe and Rena, if you are reading this...one more week to Cabo! We missed Anne and Patrick and Christina this weekend. Anne and Patrick were in Peoria with Patrick's family and Christina stayed in Des Moines to catch up on work. With her new big promotion, she felt she needed to get organized after being out of town. What an overachiever!
Time to MOW Pop!
Pop is a multitasker!
We saved the Easter baskets until we got home from Sioux City. The kids dug in tonight after dinner and Savannah started to chew on a chocolate egg before I could tear off the wrapper! I didn't even do Easter baskets for the kids like I planned because when we got to Mom and Lyle's we all ate Easter candy, then when we went to Greg and Rox's I saw Rox got the kiddos baskets! So I decided they had had enough!
I couldn't open the ribbon fast enough for Jack.
She savored every bite!
Savannah loved her bunny! Savannah fell on Jack's bed on Friday night and hit her eye on the footboard. Poor baby had quite a cut.
Hugging those new friends!
Savannah sitting in front of our new toy organizer. I have wanted one of these for along time to get some of the toys off the floor. Chris and I made a much needed trip to Target on Saturday night. For all you people who live in a town with Target, stop taking it for granted!! We bought a bike trailer for the kids this summer so they can ride around with me and Chris and a bench for the foot of our bed. The kids love that because now they can just climb right up to our bed without help. Gotta love Target!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment