Miss Savvy Girl has learned to stand on her own!
Jack and his new Superman chair. He loves it!
If we are not careful, Savannah will soon outweigh her brother!
Savannah's new favorite toy, one that Jack didn't stand alone with until he was 14 months old!
It is amazing to me, watching my children grow. Jack is learning new words every day and he continues to surprise me and make me laugh. His new words are rainbow, bumpy, popsicle, and hose. He and Savannah have this new game where they watch each other eat, Jack from his booster seat, Savannah from her high chair and they make each other laugh. It is so cute. Tonight Jack tried to share his posicle with Savannah and she continued to make these funny faces and Jack was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.
Jack had an appointment in Iowa City on Wednesday and the pediatric ophthalmalogist doesn't think Jack's helmet has anything to do with his right eye being lower than his left. I was concerned that his helmet wasn't fitting properly and that it was possibly pressing down on his brow bone, and over time was causing some problems with the growth of the bone. I am no ophthamalogist and I am no neurosurgeon, I am just trying to think of anything that might possibly be the problem since the doctors don't seem to have an answer for us. Jack also has an appointment next Wednesday with his pediatric neurosurgeon to have new skull radiographs and to see if his helmet is fitting properly. We'll see. In the meantime, the eye doctor wants us to continue patching, aiming for six hours a day. I feel so guilty at times, knowing that while I am gone at work, Chris is taking care of two kids, tons of diapers, messy mealtimes, and trying to do extra therapy things with Jack all while still trying to give our little miss some attention too. Chris is amazing and I am so grateful for all his love and patience with our children.
Savannah is doing new things everyday too. Her top two front teeth are coming in, with a cute little space between them. She has three bottom front teeth as well. All the better for her to eat more FOOD! She has such a wonderful appetite. And I am glad about that. What kind of baby is cute when they are skinny? She has tons of smooth, silky, yummy smelling skin covering all that adorable baby fat. And I know all too well that when she starts walking she will lose most of that and I will be bribing her to eat instead of wondering what to feed her next. She is pulling up on everything. The couch, toys, the basket of books, even the fridge. We have magnets that you put into this animal puzzle on the fridge and she just loves it. When the music comes on she starts bobbing her head and rocking forward and back again. It is precious. She is pretty aggressive with her big brother, crawling over to him and trying to take away whatever he has. He just holds on tight and yells, "No Sabby, No Sabby!"
She is holding her own bottle now too. She has been doing that since we got home from Baltimore and I had to wean her. I miss nursing, but it was time to quit. She gets so excited to see her bottle in the morning. She holds it and kicks her little legs over and over again, the whole time she drinks.
The only complaint I have about Savannah right now is the way she lifts her pelvis and turns herself right over onto her belly in one swift motion as we attempt to change her poopy diapers. It is NOT fun. I swear, the first couple of times she did it, I was so suprised by how fast she did it, that I had to laugh. Now, I just try to fight her and I always lose. So does the changing pad, her heels, and her outfit. We all end up poopy. It is very disgusting. She tries (and is successful) to crawl away as I continue to wipe her bottom.
Chris has been busy giving our bathroom and bedroom a facelift. New light fixtures, faucets, paint and cabinet hardware are making our bathroom look like new again. New bedding, paint, and a few accessories, and our bedroom looks less feminine now ( Sorry honey about seven years with flowery bedding), and much more updated.
Work is the same for me, very busy, but good. Our clinic manager is retiring and I am very sad about this. She has been wonderful and I really hope we can find someone as good as her to fill the position.
I have started running with the doctor and his wife who live across the street. They run on Tuesday and Thursday mornings with a small group of people. They have been so nice and very encouraging to me. We meet at the Y at 5:30 and run about 6 miles. It is so nice to be able to be pushed by other runners. This winter I tried to run on the treadmill 4-5 times a week. It is just waaaaayyyy to easy to stop when you are tired, or just hit the snooze button when the kids have been up during the night. Now, that someone is actually counting on me to be there, I feel the pressure to get up and get going. Once I am running, I am so glad I got up. When my alarm goes off, when I am lacing up my shoes, and even on the drive to the Y, I am wishing I am still in bed. But when I am done, I feel so good! There is a 10K this fall that one of my coworkers told me about, and I would love to not only run it, but to actually compete. We will see. I am trying to be patient with myself. Having two kids in three years and working full time will making anyone regress in their fitness level.
We are enjoying the summer time, playing outside, going for long walks to the park, and grilling out. This is my favorite time of year!




www.babygiftstore.co.uk offers you baby gifts, baby bedding You can bur baby nursery bedding with cheap range made buy lollipop lane.
ReplyDeleteNursery Bedding