Our new tradition, milk, cookies, and story time. Okay, not really cookies, Nilla wafers, but the kids think they are cookies.
The new book we got today at Kindermusik was all about a family making cookies together. It was a cute book. They actually listened to the whole thing.
At the end of the story I realized that Jack was chewing gum when we first sat down to read. He was happily chewing a Nilla wafer and the gum was nowhere to be seen. We often give Jack a piece of sugarfree gum to bribe him to keep his patch on. He has gotten really good at finding places to put it when it is time to eat, where he can find it again and pop it back in. I asked Jack, "Where is your gum?" He smiled at me with Nilla wafers spilling out of the corners of his mouth said, "Jeep Mom." He pointed to his favorite car that was sitting next to his chair. I leaned over and looked carefully and saw his chewed gum tucked perfectly into the front seat of his Jeep. I died laughing. My precious little boy is so creative and funny. I just love every little thing about him. Sure enough when we were done reading, I went into the kitchen to put away the cookies, and Jack was crouched over his Jeep, carefully picking up his gum to put it back in his mouth.
You cannot look at this picture without laughing.
If you are not laughing right now, there is something wrong with you.
We really had a great day. Me and the kids went to Ames for both kids' Kindermusik classes. They have class back to back, so while I am in class with Jack, Christina plays with Savannah and when I am in class with Savannah she plays with Jack. She meets me in Ames and I couldn't do it without her. It is hectic enough even with her help. Savannah loved her first class. She had fun showing off her skills, clapping, a few signs like "more", doing SOO BIG, and saying and waving "Hi" and "bye-bye." She is also saying "hi"", "mommy", "daddy", and trying to say Jack. I really enjoyed the fact that she is on track for her age and even maybe a bit ahead. In the past, it has been hard for me to watch Jack trail behind the other boys with developmental milestones, but with Savvy I really love the fact that she can do all the other things the other babies can do, and some they can't yet.
Jack did well in his class too, and I can tell he pays attention much better than he did in his class last year. We saw some familar faces from last year. We had a lot of fun. We came home and had lunch and the kids took naps and so did I. It was so nice to take a nap. Then me and the kids did storytime and then we went to the park and played for over an hour.
Savannah just climbs all the steps to the slides and both kids just love every minute of the time we spent at the park. It is kinda exhausting chasing two kids all over the park. Jack never wants to leave so I have to pretend that we are leaving without him. Then when I am far enough away he starts to think I am serious and starts to run after us. I just can't carry them both, Savannah is heavy enough! We did the swings, slides, and merry go round. Afterwards we came home, had dinner, and then they did finger painting in the tub while they listened to their new music CDs from Kindermusik.
Chris tilled up the garden, AGAIN, and raked out the dirt to try to flatten the yard for our future playset this spring. He planted grass, did starter fertilizer, and then watered. Then it was all football for the rest of the day for Chris. He really worked hard and hopefully this spring our yard will look better. Thanks babe!!
Finished up the day with kettlecorn, apple cider and the couch with Chris, catching up on our shows. Thank you DVR!




No comments:
Post a Comment