Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mom and Lyle's Visit

Mom and Lyle came to visit two weekends ago and Jack loved sitting in Lyle's big truck!

Mom and Jack had quite a bit of cuddle time on the couch.

We had a great time hanging out around the house with Mom and Lyle.  I made a yummy lasagna dinner and we had cookie sundaes for dessert on Saturday night.  We rented The Social Network and it was just so nice to sit down and watch a good movie.  On Sunday Chris and I were able to get away to the Y for a workout and I know it sounds lame, but we really enjoyed that time alone while Mom and Lyle watched the kids.  We went to the good ol' Marshalltown Pizza Ranch for dinner on Sunday night.  It was a great weekend and I was sad to see my mom and Lyle leave.  I remind myself often that my family doesn't live that far away but sometimes it seems like that!  I wish we lived closer. 

Chris and his Daddy's girl

Savannah and Chris have this close relationship that just amazes me sometimes.  When Chris gets home from being gone for half hour she will tear out of the room like the tazmanian devil to run and jump into his arms and lay her head right down on his shoulder.  She loves it when he pretends to be scary and growls at her like he is really going to get her after bath time.  She screams with delight and runs.  Then she turns right around and goes back for more.  Savvy loves to dance with him, and he loves to watch her bop around to the music with her hair in her eyes and her binky in her mouth.  Sometimes I just watch them, and seeing how much she loves him, and how much he adores and loves her, it just fills my heart with warmth and happiness.  Growing up, for a number of years I really missed having a dad on a daily basis.  The hugs, the laughter, the support from your father that I saw other girls getting that I never had.  Eventually the desire for that relationship with my dad went away. I know that I will never have to worry about that with my children. I know that Savannah will have her dad every day of her life.  I know that she will have the relationship with her dad that every girl would want or need, and for that I feel so grateful to have married such an amazing man.

No comments:

Post a Comment