Monday, May 9, 2011

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

 As we arrived to the Hilton Resort we were greeted with fruity drinks!

Our room was really nice with a great balcony overlooking the ocean and pool!

 Joe and Rena on our balcony

 Can you tell I was excited about the great tub??

 The food and service was excellent, and I ate way too much on our trip.

 Joe in midsentence, saying something smart I am sure.

 Chris had to make sure the gym facilities were satisfactory the first night we were there.  They passed inspection.

 I went along to work out in the mornings but I was pretty worthless since I was so sore from my race that Saturday.  I was kinding myself that I had trained enough to run the half marathon without sore muscles.

 View from the lobby balcony.  We got a deck of cards one night and played a few times after dinner.  It was so wonderful to feel the ocean breezes, have a drink and warm roasted nuts, and enjoy the great view with friends while you play cards.  Okay, I know I sound old.

 The shade lovers!

 Chris ready to attack the ocean.

 Joe and Chris had fun trying to dominate the waves.

 I had fun trying to dominate my strawberry daiquiri and my US weekly.

 We went shopping/out to dinner one night at the Marina and these "statues" scared the crap out of us when they moved!!  The locals laughed so hard when Rena and I screamed!

 Chris got a little creative with photo op ideas.


My friend, "The Doctor"  (From the Burbs)


Dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, I burned my hand after everyone told me the plate was sizzling hot.  Sometimes I am not too bright.

 Chris and I walked along the beach every morning after breakfast and before the gym.  It was fun to collect shells for the kids and to just have time to talk.  One of my favorite things about our trip was just sleeping in and going to bed early.  I know that sounds lame but the sleep was heavenly.  And the peanut M&Ms while watching movies. 

 
The hotel/resort view from the beach.

 We climbed on top of these rocks in order to look down below, and found tons of crabs sunning themselves. 

 Nice photo job Chris.


 We went to the commercial area of the beach a few miles away in order to go parasailing and eat lunch on the beach.  There were so many beach peddlers that were selling jewelry, hats, sunglasses, decorative pitchers, plates and bowls.  I even found a cute sundress for Savvy.  I am such a sucker for that stuff. New cruise ships dock/anchor in this area every day.

This part of the beach was so busy and loud, I am glad our resort was in a quiet area.

Can you tell Chris is "anti-sunscreen?"
 Parasailing was so much fun!  Thanks Joe and Rena for going with us when Rena I know you really wanted to do a snorkeling excursion!


 I don't know why but I was so nervous!

It was so quiet and incredibly calm being up so high over the ocean.  I loved being up there.
Dressed up for dinner at Fencia Italian restaurant.



 Joe kept us laughing the whole week!

We had a great vacation and it was wonderful to reconnect with my best friend!
I am rejuventated and well rested, ready to tackle motherhood, dentistry and the daily grind again.  Hopefully it will not be six more years before we do this again!!

A BIG thank you to my mom, for watching the kids for part of the time and to Greg and Roxanne for watching the kids for the rest of the time we were gone.   We felt very relaxed knowing the kids were having a blast with their grandparents.  We missed Jack and Savannah so much, and it was wonderful to come home and smell their sweet smell and see their smiling faces.  Being away just makes you appreciate your daily life so much more.  And, a big thank you to Joe and Rena for inviting us to join them on this awesome trip.  We had so much fun and made great memories.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Julie! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! I'm soooo jealous! Congrats too on your 1/2! :)

    ReplyDelete