The kids and I wanted to have a campout adventure in the backyard for quite some time before we actually did it. A Friday night in September was the perfect time despite the forecast for a chance of rain. We decided we would brave it and Chris set up the tent for us and I gathered the kids’ pillows and favorite blankets. They brought their flashlights and snacks and books. We read books and ate all our snacks before we turned out the lights. The kids were so excited to see the stars before we fell asleep. Unfortunately the cloud cover ruined our chance to see the stars. We snuggled in and fell asleep quickly. The wind started around 2 am and the cold rain at 3 am. The kids and I ran for the house around 3:30 and Chris helped get everyone settled in their beds. Even though we didn’t last the whole night it was a fun experience and the kids are excited to do it again! Next summer hopefully we will have a fire pit with smores first!!
No comments:
Post a Comment