Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

056

057

We were so lucky to have two Thanksgiving dinners this year.  Chris and I hosted dinner the Saturday before Thanksgiving for my side of the family.  It was wonderful to have all my siblings in our home to work together to have such a wonderful dinner.  Amy’s baby shower was Saturday morning at the country club and our dinner was afterwards, early evening.  It was a busy day but it was so much fun.  Our kitchen is pretty spacious but it felt cramped once everyone arrived and started helping.  I had to laugh at one point because both ovens were full and all four burners had something on them.  My brother Luke was in charge of mashed potatoes and he must have thought we were feeding a football team. We had two huge containers of leftover mashed potatoes.  It was nice to see my Mom and Lyle sit down for a change and relax while we did the cooking.  Mom was pretty happy to just play on the floor with the grandkids and they stayed content trashing the toy room!

058

054

Our second Thanksgiving dinner was at Greg and Roxanne’s and her turkey was absolute perfection.  I am going to dry her dry rub next year and get the recipe with all the seasoning she uses.  It is from Williams Sonoma and it was delicious.  Chris’ siblings were all in town and we finally got to meet Miss Maggie!

photo 1 (1)

Anne and Patrick welcomed Margaret Mary on September 23rd.  She is one sweet baby girl and I adore all her cute outfits and headbands.  Between her two grandmas she is the best dressed baby I have ever seen!

photo 2 (1)

photo 3 (1)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and after last years stomach virus that hit us on Thanksgiving day we were so grateful to be HEALTHY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment