Mr. Jack lost his first tooth on January 11th! It had been loose for weeks but not loose enough for it to come out. He loved showing people his loose tooth but he never really wiggled it besides that. At school that day he said he bumped his mouth on the playground and that his tooth had become much looser! I could wait to check it out. He was actually right. It was very loose. He told me he wanted me to take it out. I told him he should wiggle it for a few more days. He looked at me seriously and said, “no way Mom. I want the tooth fairy to come tonight. Pull it out.” I told him it might hurt and he said that was okay. I grabbed a Kleenex and out it came with a quick tug. He was thrilled. He grinned with blood on his lip. He ran to show Chris and Savannah his tooth.
The tooth appeared to have quite a bit of root left, but the lingual portion was well resorbed. The facial aspect was intact but thin. Within three weeks #24 appeared with bulky mamelons present. Ignore all this dentistry talk. Jack was so happy to see the tooth fairy had taken his tooth during the night and had left him a dollar. Savannah’s jealousy was pretty apparent the next morning when she asked me to check to see if any of her teeth were loose. When I told her no, she sulked quietly in her room for awhile. Her turn will be coming soon I promised her.

No comments:
Post a Comment