Let me just say that I love Mother’s Day. I look forward to it for weeks. I think having family traditions that you enjoy and treasure are so important. We started our Mother’s Day traditions when Jack was just a baby. We go to Mass, out for brunch, and then to the bookstore. I can remember Mother’s Day in Baltimore at the huge three story Barnes and Noble. I remember a Mother’s Day in Marshalltown, two in Iowa City, and the wonderful memory of spending four of my Mother’s Days expecting a new little one! This is likely the last time I will experience pregnancy on Mother’s Day and I definitely acknowledged it and prayed in gratitude for the blessing of my children. The baby has been moving a lot and I continue to dream about if the baby is a boy or a girl. I think the dynamic of our family will change depending on if it is a boy or a girl. Either way I will be thrilled. I think it would be so special to have three sons, like Chris had two brothers and one sister. I think for Savvy to be my only daughter would be wonderful so I could heap lots of girl time on her. But at the same time I would love for her to have a sister, to have the close relationship that I have with my sisters. I couldn’t imagine my life without them. We talk about everything together. Work, friendships, family issues, love, and ask each other for advice. We won’t know the gender for a couple more weeks, my office doesn’t offer the gender until 25 weeks and I am behind in my appointment schedule so I will be 26.5 weeks when I have my 3-D ultrasound/video. Patience.
Isn’t he growing up?! Such a handsome sweet boy.
Savannah’s enthusiasm for books is amazing. I think she picked ten…made her narrow it to two.
I have always chose books for the kids if they are too small to choose for themselves and once they are old enough they pick out their own two books. I write a special message inside to each child and date the message.
Mass was nice because my mom joined us and she also went to the club with us for brunch. I loved having her with us. After brunch we headed to Barnes and Noble just the five of us and picked out summer workbooks to keep up our learning and books from Mom. Landon fell asleep on the way home from the bookstore so he was out for our picture on the front steps. I laid him down for his nap and the kids and I changed into comfy clothes for snuggling, book reading and a nap in my bed! It was a cool rainy afternoon and it was perfect for cozy cuddling. We took a nice little nap and woke up to a bit of sunshine.
Jack and I headed to Bloomer’s, a flower store where Chris’s Aunt Kim works. Jack and I picked out two new huge flowerpots and TONS of flowers and plants. That is my other Mother’s Day weekend tradition. I love to pick out all my flowers and get busy planting. Chris’ aunt is so good at it. It is hard to turn her down when she offers to help. i.e. do it for me. She knows it is difficult to find alone time to get it done during daylight and I in turn help her with a few things related to dentistry! Everybody wins.
That night we had Chris’s parents and grandparents over for steak and chicken kabobs on the grill and brownie sundaes. It was a wonderful day and I loved every minute of my Mother’s Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment