1. Watching Jack's face light up with excitement and wonder as he looked out the window as the plane took off for his first plane ride.
2. Watching Savannah tentatively take her first crawling steps, going from a rock on all fours, to two crawling steps, to pushing herself back to her rear to contemplate if more crawling was really necessary.
3. Seeing Chris's face when we pulled into the neighborhood of our new "home away from home."
4. Listening to all the "gangster thug" or should I say, R&B and hip hop music, on every single Baltimore radio station and watching Jack bob his head to the music and say, "Mom, up up" to turn the music up!
5. Watching Savannah take that big bite out of her first cookie with the biggest smile.
6. Seeing Jack point to the sky and say "airplane" just as clearly as I say it when we left Panera Bread in the burbs.
7. Hearing Jack sing so sweetly as he came down the long hallway at KK as he pedaled his tricycle. Everyone in the waiting room grinned from ear to ear as they heard his cute little singing voice.
8. Snuggling in bed everyday with Jack after lunch, answering his same two questions, about twenty times, and singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, the Wheels on the Bus, and the Lollipop song to soothe him to sleep for his afternoon nap.
9. Listening to Jack and Savannah laugh in their carseats as they entertain each other in the back seat of the Suburban.
10. Seeing Jack pedal a tricycle all by himself last night on the basketball court holding on with his right hand.
I am so grateful to have spent this time, these last three weeks, with my family. Even though there were a lot of challenges and frustrations, I am happy I was able to be here. I would never call it a vacation, but it was a nice break from dentistry and we were able to do some fun things for the kids.
And to my partner, my best friend, and husband. Chris, you are the best father and husband any woman could want. Thank you for being right there with me when times were stressful in our little room at the RMH. I wouldn't want to be cooped up with anyone else!
I think your kids are lucky to have both of you as parents...
ReplyDelete