Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lazy Summer Days

Jack feeding Savannah goldfish at the Aquatic Center

Jack and Savvy rockin their shades during a pool break

We went to the aquatic center a few weeks ago.  It was a ton of fun but I didn't get very many good pictures.  It was too hard to hold Savannah in my arms and snap photos at the same time.  Jack requires one of us to be within arms reach at all times because he loses his balance so easily.  Jack had a blast going down the kiddie water slide and playing under all the fountains.  We sat on the edge of the pool and watched Chris go down the big water slides and do fun daring things off the diving boards.  Jack sure did love watching his Daddy go so high up in the air!  Savannah loves the water too.  It really amazes me that my kids are not fearful of the water at all.  I see these other kids and they cry if water gets in their faces and my kids are sticking their faces down into it! 

Jack's own private aquatic center at home

She looks slightly annoyed here, I have a feeling Jack must have done something naughty

And like she is having the time of her life here!

We haven't really been up to much else.  We have just been enjoying every day of summer.  I have been coming home for lunch every day that I can, to help Chris and the kids get lunch, cleaned up and then start getting wound down for naps.  It is wonderful to be able to see their smiling faces every day at lunchtime but it is hard to drive back to work again for the afternoon. 

We have been taking walks every night to the park.  Jack is really getting to be a better climber.  Other kids still notice right away that he is a little more unsteady on his feet than the other kids.  Jack is oblivious that they notice and I am so glad about that.  He loves to climb all the way to the top of the play set and go down the twisty slide. 

Chris is almost done with the deck.  With all the rain, it is a project that has taken him longer than he thought.  It looks great and it will be done in time for the party we are hosting this Saturday. We are having all my coworkers and their familes over for grilling and sprinkers for the kids.  I am excited for it.  It should be a lot of fun.  The grass that Chris planted is growing and our yard already seems bigger. 

My running is going well.  I am up to running a full six miles again (FINALLY!) and I can pretty much stay with the group.  We run about 8.5 minute miles, sometimes faster depending on who sets the pace that day.  After every run I am drenched with sweat, and soooooo happy that I got out of bed to have some time for myself.  Sunrises in Marshalltown are beautiful, especially our on the rural outskirts of town. 

Aunt Amy came to visit!

What a beautiful photo!  I don't know who is cuter, Amy or the kids?


Savannah and her mad dancing skills

Courtney and Luke are getting married in August and her bachelor party was in Omaha last weekend. We had a great time. We went to a water park during the day and then had drinks at the Embassy Suites in the Old Market and out to eat afterwards at the Upstream. It was a great girls day!


The guys' Bachelor party was in Des Moines.  Chris had a great time golfing and then going out with the guys afterwards.  (I don't have any pictures yet!)  My mom stayed with the kids at our house along with my aunt Kathy.   They spent the night on Friday and Saturday night and Jack and Savannah were spoiled silly, with two people who played with them all weekend.  Thanks Mom and Kathy!

The kids also had their pictures taken on Sunday afternoon by the same photographer who came to our house around Christmas time.  She got a bunch of great shots of Jack and Savannah and I can't wait to see the proofs.  They are in their Fourth of July outfits!  They will be coming soon!

1 comment: