My goofy Savannah playing after Kindermusik on Saturday morning
We started a new session of Kindermusik and Savannah moved up to the next class so both kids are in the same class now. It is nice because now I only have to go to one instead of two. I do enjoy the classes, but one is enough for me. It is exhausting, singing, dancing, bouncing your child for 45 minutes. Christina came over on Friday night and ate dinner with us. She stayed overnight and went to class with us on Saturday morning. She was with Jack and I was with Savannah. I was worried that Savannah would not sit still but she did pretty well. She is still pretty obsessed with the big mirror, but hopefully she will get over that soon. We all had fun and Jack was excited that his sister was in class with him. Chris went to Des Moines to help Joe and Rena do some work on their house so he was gone all day. Christina stayed in Marshalltown and helped me with the kids. Once they were down for naps I tackled my closet. I have wanted to go through my closet for ages but haven't really gotten around to it. Having Christina help me get over my fear of letting go was really good for me. I got rid of so much stuff that I never wear and should never wear again! We had some good laughs over things that I still had in my closet, and few times it was Christina laughing and me feeling embarrassed (cords from high school, turtleneck sweaters from college, yikes!). I had a great time with my sister, and I am so lucky to have her!
What are we going to do with that hair? Christina did her hair in two pigtails and it was so darn cute. Her canines are coming in and they are just like Jack's, SHARP!
Jack in his new shoes and sweater, playing with his firetruck
Savvy loves to jump off both of their chairs, taking turns going from one to the other.
Today we went sledding on the small hill at the end of our street. We bundled the kids up and put them in the wagon to walk the block to the hill. As we trudged up the hill we saw some other kids had made a small jump. Chris was so excited when he saw that. He took each one of the kids down twice before their faces were beet red and their noses were running like crazy. Jack and Chris did the jump once and they really got some speed going after they hit the ground again. Savannah just looked terrified the whole time, and would smile only when I picked her up. We called Lolli and Pop on Skype when we got home. We think we have figured out the webcam thing and it seems to work better when we put it on the laptop. Jack and Savvy thing it is so neat to see their grandparents on the computer. This afternoon Jack thought it would be fun to chew up his cookies and open his mouth wide while leaning close to the camera so Lolli and Pop could see his food!! Gross Jack.
Funny Savvy Story
After dinner I gave both kids a small dish of vanilla ice cream with some chocolate syrup. Jack did the same thing he always does when it is something sweet. He eats two bites, if that, and is done. Savannah on the other hand, ate every drop of hers, and we caught her tipping it back like a cup and drinking the melted mess left in the bowl. She saw the container of ice cream on the counter and started frantically saying and doing the "more" sign as soon as she realized hers was gone. I smiled at her and firmly said, "no Savvy, yours is all gone and you are all done." She curled her lip and it quivered. Then she broke into the saddest wails and cries you have ever heard. I tried not to laugh, but it was funny to see how hurt she was that I wasn't going to give her anymore ice cream. The crying continued until I was a weak mother and gave her the rest of Jack's ice cream. Seriously, her cries turned into smiles and giggles like a light switch had been flipped. It was like she tricked us. That stinker can actually cackle, and believe me, she was cackling!! If any of you have heard her do this, you know what I am talking about!! Needless to say she enjoyed every bite. Next up on our agenda was baths, and after that, of course a dance party!!
So I tried three times to upload the video of our dance party but it wouldn't work. Check back later to see it if you are interested!
No comments:
Post a Comment