Sunday, January 16, 2011

Three Day Weekend!

My first photos with the new camera

Static electricity hair!

Sledding down our driveway...who wants a flat driveway anyways?

Jack had a blast

I don't know if Savvy knew what to think

Jack did have a bit of trouble holding on and slid off the sled a few times. 



Savannah was facinated with her shadow, and the tracks she made in the snow.



Jack said he wanted to ride on his "tum-tum!"



Helping Daddy shovel, it is still not as good as mowing, but he'll take it.

Savvy in her puppy dog outfit from Lolli.

Savvy is obsessed with my purple pencil case.  She always asks to play with it and we find pencils, pens, highlighters, and post it notes in the bathroom drawers, under Jack's bed, in her room under her rug, you name it she disperses it everywhere.

An attack of giggles.

Now, onto posing!

Jack has not outgrown his cheesy smile.


He's all ready to see Jesus at church.

I am so grateful for the three day weekend.  I really needed it.  The past week at work has been hectic and stressful.  They interviewed a new dentist at Primary Health Care.  They want her to work part time in Des Moines and part time in Marshalltown to start, eventually phasing her in to full time in Marshalltown.  I met her and we went to lunch on Thursday.  She seems great and I really hope they hire her and she accepts the position.  It would be so nice to finally have another dentist to work with.  The new office manager also started a little over a week ago.  That has also been a little bit of a transition.  I think she will be a good fit for us though, I really like her. I am happy we will finally have someone on site at all times to handle the things that technically I am not supposed to worry about.

Joe and Rena came to visit on Saturday.  Rena brought her awesome lasagna and I made a salad and breadsticks, with brownie sundaes for dessert.  Joe and Rena were witness to some of Jack and Savannah's whiny demanding behavior.  Rena looked at me and said, "is it always like this, mommy, mommy, mommy?"  And I wanted to lie and say, "oh no, usually they are much more content to play independently," but I just didn't have it in me.  It got even better when Jack spit Diet Coke all over Rena's white North Face fleece.  What a little stinker! Sorry Rena!  We really enjoyed having them over and wish we could do that more often.

Today just a lazy fun day around the house. I made pancakes for breakfast, then church, lunch, then naps.  When the kids woke up we called Lolli and we were able to talk to her and see her via the new webcam Lolli and Pop bought.  It was really neat to see Jack's face light up when he finally saw Lolli (we had some connection problems at first).  Later we attempted to play the new Memory game Jack got for Christmas.  Pretty much a disaster.  Jack thought it was more interesting to drive his cars over the neat rows of cards that I carefully set up.   Then we had snacks and read books.  Chris cleaned the cars, and get this, detailed Jack and Savannah's car seats.  I am not kidding.  They looked brand new.  I made chicken potato corn chowder for dinner and the kids and I played while Daddy cleaned up the kitchen.  So nice.  We played with bubbles, the drum, and then finally we did flashcards in the tub.  Jack had more fun trying to get the cards wet. 

Tomorrow I am going to take the kids to Ames for Jack's therapy to give Chris a little break.  I am looking forward to catching up with Jack's therapists and just playing the full time mommy role on a Monday for a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment