Sunday, March 13, 2011

Savannah is 18 months old! (on Feb. 25th)

My baby girl is 18 months old already. She had her checkup last week and was in the 90th percentile for head circumference and weight, and in the 75th percentile for height.  She is really growing and I am sad to think how fast it is going.  She is so much fun.  Like for instance, right now, she is sitting next to me on the couch, watching the Backyardigans and she just screamed in delight, because she found two extra Cheerios stuck inbetween her toes!!  She shoved them in her mouth so fast smiling the whole time.  Her appetite is as big as ever, always hungry, always wanting to eat everything except vegetables.  Last night we went to the Country Club to eat dinner with another family.  She was sitting on my lap and I was talking, not really paying attention to what she was doing.  My friend starting laughing and I looked down and Savannah had been dipping a Splenda packet into my ketchup and was sucking it off.  She must have been doing this for awhile because the packet had gotten so wet that it broke apart and she was just eating the sweetner!!

So what exactly has this little squirt been up to?  Well, since she turned one she has been going at 100 miles per hour all day long.  She is a very happy girl, but incredibly busy, so at times, she can be an exhausting child.  She does play well independently if Jack leaves her alone for a few minutes.  She is a whiz at puzzles, putting them together and doing her shape sorter like it is sooooo easy.  She likes to color on the floor with her oversize coloring book and crayons.  Play doh is also one of her favorites, but you have to watch carefully.  Because if you turn your back, all of sudden some of the Play doh is missing, and Savvy girl is chewing!!!  Yuck.  No worries, its nontoxic.  She and Jack are the best of friends.  After dinner Jack will always ask Savannah, "Savvy steps? Savvy play ball on steps?"  Or he will say "Savvy downstairs?  Treadmill Savvy?"  They like to play on my treadmill, jumping off the side or swinging from the handle bars.  (Don't worry, I am dilligent to turn it, unplug it and have the safety magnet off so there is no way they could ever turn it on)  She has loved her swimming lessons this winter.  Chris and I took the kids to the Y on Tuesday nights for the parent/tot swim lessons.  We had such a great time.  They just loved it and Savannah is definitely a FISH.  She has no fear and did not mind going under the water and putting her face it.  She loved going down the slide and kicking her feet holding onto a floatie.  She finished one session of Kindermusik, the baby class with signing, and moved up to the next level with the big kids.  Being in class with Jack was a big change for her because then she had to share me, but she loves Kindermusik and does a good job of following directions, clapping when she is supposed to and helping putting away the musical instruments.  We haven't gotten pictures of Kindermusik class because Christina and I are usually overwhelmed just with taking care of the kids and getting through the class. 

She is my snuggler too.....and loses it if her juice is not ready right away in the morning.  Its like her coffee.

Savannah loves to dance and really likes to listen to music, especially if Chris and I hold her and dance.  I am going to start her in tumbling class after Kindermusik is over this May.  They have a Mommy and Me class on Saturday morning.  With all her tip toe walking and somersault turning, I am sure she will be a natural tumbler too. 

I love you Savannah.  I treasure every moment spent with you.  Thank you for all your hugs, kisses, laughter and even your naughtiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment