Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shriner's Circus!!

We went to Des Moines on Friday night for the kids' first trip to the circus!  We had such a great time. Greg and Roxanne came into town on Thursday night, so Chris and Jack could go to Jack's appointment in Iowa City and leave Savannah at home with her Lolli.  Greg and Chris took Jack to his eye appointment and Savvy and Rox played at home while I worked.  Yes, I know, I worked.....poor Mom.  :o)

Jack meeting his first clown

He loved the red noses!

Jack was very excited to see the elephants.

But got scared when they were too close.  He said, "Mom, bite you??!!"  And I reassured him that the elephants were not going to bite him.

Jack liked the trapeze artists.  I remember thinking they were the best part of the circus when I was a child.

Capturing a good shot was difficult in our tight seats.  Savannah is going to town on the cotton candy.  Jack was not at all interested.  He was far more fascinated with his new sword with neon flashing lights. 

It was wonderful to watch the kid's faces as the acts changed.  Jack really liked the part when the girl road in on the horse and then stood up on the horse's back while it was running.

After the tight rope walker was finished, the crowd burst out clapping.  Jack clapped too, and said, "Good job man, not fall down!!"  I laughed so hard.  Jack's speech is really coming along and everyday when he says something new I am just so surprised by how much he is learning and how clear it sounds.  Like this afternoon, he said to me as we went up the stairs, "Stop talking Mom, please stop talking Mom. " HA!!  He has never said anything like it ever and I just stared at him and tried so hard not to laugh.  I bet he has been wanting to tell me that for three years!!!

We asked Jack if he wanted to ride the elephants and he just shook his head no.

He did beg and beg to go down the slides but the line was a mile long and I was worried he wouldn't be able to climb up the whole thing by himself, and we had to take off his shoes and brace.  Maybe next year.


Happy Birthday Lolli!!

Roxanne's Birthday is on Thursday and we celebrated with an ice cream cake Greg picked up at Dairy Queen.  We had BBQ ribs, cheesy potatoes, coleslaw, and wine.  Delicious!  We love you Rox/Lolli!

We couldn't quite get the kiddos to smile.  Jack's sword from the circus made it into the picture though.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I had this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment