Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 2013

 cabo11

Even the plane ride was wonderful. Just being alone with Chris is relaxing. To talk. To listen to each other. To laugh.  To just sit quietly.

We had planned this vacation with Joe and Rena for over a year and a half.  We were so looking forward to our return visit to Cabo.  Our first trip was like heaven on earth.  With the one exception of missing the kids, we had a perfect vacation. I was looking forward to having even more fun on our second visit since we knew the area a bit better and we felt comfortable with the resort.

cabo4

We were welcomed with pomegranate margaritas.  I truly felt so sad for Rena that she couldn’t drink. But I had been there three times before….so I downed mine in no time.  :)

cabo3

Leave it to Chris to represent on vacay his Nebraska love.

cabo8

cabo7

The one thing we did this time around that I absolutely LOVED was our spa day.  The first full day we were there the morning looked overcast and dreary.  We knew we wanted to do a couples spa date so we called and they had an opening for us.  We spent the cloudy morning having an hour massage and an hour facial side by side.  It was Chris’ first experience at a spa and when I came out from the women’s lounge area in my robe, he was sitting on this couch in his robe looking VERY uncomfortable. I laughed so hard.  That loosened him up a little.  He said he was nervous.  I had to laugh again. He enjoyed the experience and said he would do it again.  I LOVED it.  I have had facials and massages before but this was one of the best.  Your body starts to feel like jello.  All cares leave my mind.  Afterwards we sipped goblets of fruit water on the couch in our robes.  He left to go to the pool and I stayed for a manicure and pedicure.  The remainder of the day was spent by the poor and surprisingly the sun came out and we began to get our vacation tans!

023 

This photo was taken by the Marina outside of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.  We went there twice on our trip.  The food and service are excellent.

012 

This was at breakfast one morning.  I took my camera out and due to the heat the lens was all fogged up…looks like a filter though. 

The mornings were probably my favorite part of the trip.  Luxuriously waking up slowly….no kids waking you up crying, no feet kicking you under the covers while you try to pry your eyelids open to wake up.  Jack has always been an early riser and for some reason he is somewhat demanding first thing in the morning.  Juice, cereal in a cup, kleenexes, the IPAD, so many wants when all I want is to make one cup of coffee. As soon as I have Jack settled on a Saturday or Sunday morning and just sit down next to him to enjoy the first sip of my coffee I inevitably hear Landon.  My coffee cools as I change his diaper,  get his sippy cup of juice and read him his favorite books as he wakes up on my lap and cuddles his favorite blankey.  Then, I microwave my cold coffee and sit down once again next to my two boys on the couch.  I relish the first sip and then hear a loud, “BOO” right by my ear.  My sweet Savvy is up and ready to tackle the world.  She needs her juice, an episode of Sid the Science Kid and a blanket.  So needless to say, lounging in bed with Chris, waking up slowly and quietly is so peaceful.  We get dressed casually and head downstairs to sit a on a beautiful patio overlooking the ocean while musicians play soft guitar music and waiters bring steaming cups of hot coffee just for me.  The breeze blows and I read the paper while I eat my made to order omelet.  Perfection.

014

017

We took a lot fewer pictures this time around…I think mostly because we had been there before and Rena was about three months pregnant and didn’t really jump at having her picture taken by the pool.  I slept by the pool alot.  I finished quite a bit of reading during the trip, some dental journals, a couple of parenting magazines, and two books I borrowed from my sister Amy about food in the US and how reducing meat consumption will better your health and improve the conditions for animals in our country.  Usually about an hour into my reading I would put the book down and call it a day…starting a midday nap.

018

020 

cabo5

Lunch is offered a couple of different places at the resort and my favorite food they offered  was  the sushi.  It was so good.  Strawberry mango or pomegranate margaritas completed the meal.  Hmmm.

cabo9

cabo10

I swear Chris will look like this when he is fifty.  He is so dedicated to clean eating and physical fitness.  I admire him and strive to be as good as he is though I probably never will.  He usually comes home from the gym and I am eating chips and salsa and drinking Diet Coke.

cabo2

Dinners on the candlelit veranda were perfectly relaxing.  I love getting dressed up, taking my time getting ready, and looking pretty for Chris. 

One evening we spent in the resort lobby area ordering snacks and drinks and playing cards.  The atmosphere is young, fun, and they had great music.  Another evening we went to the mall and wandered through all the shops.  We found a couple of cute souvenirs for the kids but not much we were interested in for ourselves.

01b4d1b357a06cef986f8a6e19f313155c4d1b7fb3

01b3142a117ff78bce1511161535b726aa157cb12d

01f114028cd81a45f67f118f0f590b9233cacacb41

01aebea3de032c4ab8ba699008af1456fb8f0105bb

013acb1bf1f4f22644eedb02b040f931fc2b566443

0170580fcaa278077ac7b58eebca907e094b8723a3 Rena takes her cards seriously!

010a8bc2400ca951a752b0ba0f79214708dcaf98bc

DSC_0007

An ATV tour was our adventure for the trip.  Just the bus ride out to the ATV location was scary enough.  We went through the Mexican ghetto and it reminded me of episodes of Breaking Bad with the drug cartel shooting up trucks in the desert. Once we arrived at the excursion building I felt much better.  It was fun but my four wheeler was the one with problems.  They had to restart it twice for me and Chris thought I was doing something wrong.  I swear I got a bad one. 

DSC_0105

DSC_0111

DSC_0132

DSC_0135

DSC_0196

The trip was a blast and I was so happy to get to spend some time alone with my best friend!  We had a ton of fun with Joe and Rena and they are the best couple to hang out with on a trip. We were very excited to get home to the kids.  I missed them terribly and we also missed our bed and favorite pillows.  Until next time, Los Cabos, goodbye!

1 comment: