Thursday, October 17, 2013

So Glad to be Home!

photo 1 (3)

My 32nd birthday fell on the day we returned from Mexico.  I could not think of a better present than seeing my sweet children after six long days! I was so excited to do bedtime and snuggle with each one of them in their rooms like I do every night.  We have our bedtime routines and some nights I must admit, it gets a little tedious.  Books, prayers, a song, with all three of them after jammies, brushing teeth, and a long day.  By the time I get to Jack I usually am out of patience for extra requests. Like when Jack asks me to do a puppet show behind his closet door with Mickey Mouse while he gleefully watches from under the covers.  But I usually oblige, just because it makes him so happy.  When you miss the bedtime routine for a week you realize how much those little moments really mean.  And I couldn’t wait to to enjoy bedtime with each one of them!!

photo 3 (2) Savannah couldn’t wait to do bunny ears on me.

photo 4 (1)

photo 2 (3) Jack was all business, wanting to make sure he had a good smile.

I have a feeling the kids were just as happy as I was that we were home.  They had a wonderful time with their grandparents but I think they were ready to get back into the routine with their mom and dad.  We all slept well that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment