Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Little Things in Life

Last night at dinner we were eating chocolate pudding for dessert. Chris had left to go to his softball game and we were going to meet up with him later.  Jack took his spoon and gently put it up to his face and moved it in a downward motion.  He said, "Look, Mom, I'm shavin!"  I DIED laughing.  First of all, Jack has rarely seen Chris shave.  Second of all, I have never heard him use that word, and lastly, I was amazed by Jack's creativity and imagination to use his spoon as a razor. We all just laughed and laughed and Jack continued to entertain us with his silly antics.  I sat at the table, looked at my beautiful, happy, chocolate smeared children's faces and felt so lucky and so blessed to be their mom. 

After dinner we went outside and played in the rain.  It was so fun.  We ran around on the grass, played on the swings and slide, and just enjoyed the cool moisture in the air. 

This morning when Savannah snuggled with me in bed, she touched my face and kept saying my name.  Her binky was falling to the side of her mouth since she was smiling so big.  I absolutely took a picture in my mind of her precious face on my pillow. 

I can't wait to look back on these times in my life, and remember that I wasn't always stressed as a young mother.  I laughed, played, and enjoyed the little things in life with my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment