Greg and Roxanne came to visit on Wednesday night and they stayed until Saturday morning. We had a great time, and the kids had such a blast. They sure do love their grandparents Chris was able to get so much stuff done around the house, including painting the fourth bedroom that we currently use as an office, put up wood blinds in two of the bedrooms, he even fixed the upstairs toilet! Rox trimmed all the bushes and gosh, it makes such a big difference! Our landscaping looks great.
Chris and I got to go out to lunch together on Thursday. We went to the new Chinese place downtown, a restuarant I had been to before, but Chris hadn't yet. I love it and I think it earned Chris' seal of approval. Afterwards we sat outside at Lillie Mae chocolates and enjoyed some sweets in the sun. It was wonderful to look forward to seeing him for a lunch date at work that morning. We all also went out for Mexican including margaritas on Thursday. It was fun to sit outside enjoying the beautiful weather and eating good food. Jack and Savvy loved the queso dip.
On Friday night we grilled out. I missed dinner (damn Fridays in Marshalltown, PHC is the only dentist office that is open, everyone comes to us on emergency) but had a huge bowl of strawberry spinach salad. Yum! While I worked on Thursday and Friday, Jack and Savannah's days were filled with walks to the park, swimming in the kiddie pool, playing ball on the steps, T-ball in the backyard, and climbing all over the playset. Popsicles on the deck, bubbles, and bikes kept them so busy. They were spoiled silly with love and attention from Lolli and Pop.
Savvy perfected her swing with tips from Pop
Jack hit it out of the yard!
Jack, open your eyes!!
What a fun, happy day!
Big splash Savannah!
She is without fear
Greg got his work out in!
Just chillin with a bomb pop!
Thanks for coming to stay with us Lolli and Pop. Thanks for all the laughs, hugs, strawberry rhubard crisp, and all your ENERGY for your two grandkids who ADORE you. Rox, thank you for the photos, you are a pro at getting shots in action.
No comments:
Post a Comment