Chris and I are so excited to announce that the title of our blog will be changing. We will no longer be the Lohr Family of Four!! We are expecting a new baby in August! We feel very blessed and are definitely ready to expand our family. Chris and I always knew we wanted to have a big family. We both grew up in bigger families and we cherish the relationships we have with our siblings. We have been overwhelmed at times with the two beautiful children we have already…Jack’s special needs and his unique ability to push every single one of his sisters’ buttons pretty much all day long was one reason why we waited a little longer to try for a third. Jack and Savannah have been playing a bit better together lately with more independent play without refereeing by Chris and me. We are really proud of Jack and the progress he has made with his behavior toward his sister. And Now that Savannah is potty trained, it will be one less thing to worry about when the new baby arrives. And cheaper, ahhhhhh, no more economy size packages of Pampers!
We had hoped to become pregnant after my marathon. I thought it would be the perfect time. I got some intense running out of my system, and now I will be content to slack off in the working out department for a little while!! It happened faster than what we expected, and we did NOT plan on having a THIRD August baby. It tends to work out that way for Lohr babies. I know the timing isn’t the best. We may be moving to a new town with me possibly starting a residency program. But having Jack during dental school was not ideal, being pregnant with Savannah during my GPR wasn’t ideal, and having her six weeks into my new job also wasn’t easy. And being pregnant when starting either another new job or a pediatric residency also won’t be easy……but I am not used to things being easy, and I am pretty sure Chris and I can handle it! We have decided there is no perfect time to have a baby when you are a full time working woman. If we waited around for the perfect time, we wouldn’t have Jack or Savannah. And we are so glad that we have our family….and we are so happy it will be getting bigger!!!
What a PERFECT way to say it! So often I have felt that there is no great time to have a baby (...as I meticulously plan for our second), and yet we all try to plan them. God knows when to bless us with another and I'm so glad he has chosen you two to be parents again. Congratulations again Julie.
ReplyDelete