Monday, January 16, 2012

Family Snow Day

020

We have had a great three day weekend.  Friday night we ordered pizza and the kids and I had a great time enjoying the movie “Mary Poppins” on the Apple TV while Chris grocery shopped.  (Thanks Joe and Rena for that awesome Christmas present.  We are really enjoying it.)  On Saturday morning we headed to Ames for the kids’ last Kindermusik class of this semester.  I swore I wouldn’t sign them up for another semester but I am such a sucker and all I have to do is see Savvy run into class with the biggest smile and a hug for Miss Judy, and watch Jack’s eyes light up with new knowledge from his pretend play in his class, and I have the checkbook out, signing them up again.  After class we headed home for lunch and a group nap in “mommy’s bed.”  Jack and Savannah love snuggling with me in the big bed.  We read nursery rhymes and then nap for about two hours.  I always end up tightly sandwiched between the two, not comfortable and kinda wishing I would have either stayed up and accomplished something or taken a nap by myself.  But then they wake up, their eyes glassy and their little bodies so warm, completely content to stay next to me and whisper that they “love to sleep with mommy in mommy’s bed.”  I feel so loved when they say that.  After naps I made the Wengert recipe for lasagna.  It is one of my favorite dishes, Rena brought it to our house a couple of years ago and it is delicious.  I found a deep dish lasagna pan with handles, at Target for $13.  It was on clearance and I was thrilled to find such a deal.  I had been watching them over Christmas and some were so expensive.  This one is perfect, even deep enough for four layers of lasagna. 

Sunday we went to Mass, had lunch, and then more naps.  After naps we decided to head outside for some fun in the sun and snow.  It was a beautiful day, about 40 degrees and sunny.  We had fun with snowballs and wondered if there was enough snow to make a snow man.  Chris got to work and before we knew it, we had a cute little snowman in our front yard. 

021

019

015

022

Savannah specifically requested to play “BUST” in the snow. 

024

023

025

After she was buried she could not get out without help.  There wasn’t much of a bust, more of a lift.  Jack was not interested in the outdoor snow version of bust.

010

011

013

012

017

Our house has been on the market since early December.  We knew it wasn’t the best time to put it on the market but we figured it was now with less competition or in the spring with more competition.  We have had several showings and one open house.  We have received a lot of positive feedback with many people voicing they wanted to make an offer but they had to sell their house first.  The only negative comments we have heard are about the driveway, and we expected that. We didn’t like the steep driveway either.  But there isn’t anything we can do about it, and it truly hasn’t been that bad.  So hopefully it doesn’t prevent anyone from making an offer.  They say hindsight is 20/20, there is a part of us that wishes we either wouldn’t have bought a house here, or one that was smaller. But we enjoyed the house, and it was fun to fix it up the way we wanted it.  I remember a couple of people expressed doubt that we would do everything to the house that we said we were going to when we bought it…but we said we would and we did.  That’s just the way we roll, following through on what we say. Smile   And we had fun doing it.  The realtor is happy we made the updates, she said we will be much more likely to sell it in a slow market with some modern updates.  Lets hope so!

028

We finished off the afternoon playing on the swing set.  I think the kids had as much fun landing in a pile of snow as they did when we put the pool under the slide. 

029

We definitely enjoyed playing in the first snow of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment