Jack and Savannah’s first painting session at home.
Jack was intent on painting his cow blue.
Savannah was content to paint for much longer than Jack, completing three sheets on her own.
My little chefs helped me make tuna/salmon casserole and cranberry/apple spinach and cashew salad. DELISH!
I needed a tongue picture!
Pajama party with their new sleeping bags, watching the Lion King
The kids had fun eating popcorn and snuggling in their soft new sleeping bags that have pillows attached to the top.
Having this time off has been wonderful. The kids and I have gone for long walks/runs to the park, taken three long luxurious naps in “mommy’s bed” after reading nursery rhymes, and had plenty of playtime. We have have a tea party, made cooties, rode bikes, and even played outside on the swing set during the gorgeous weather on Thursday. We have wrestled, cooked yummy meals, and they have had a mommy who has been relaxed and full of energy since 90% of me wasn’t zapped by days at work. It has been so much fun.
The only part that has not been fun is the work of potty training Savannah. She didn’t really like the cute undies I bought her a few months ago. She always said she didn’t like the little potty chair, and she certainly did not like the potty book from Christmas. But she has done GREAT with three days of potty training, feeling so proud of filling up that potty chair and wanting to dump the potty into the toilet by herself. She even went NUMBER 2 for us in the potty chair!! I was so proud, and so was she. Savvy yelled, “Daddy come see my poop, Jack, look I pooped!!” Jack was very cute and said, “Good job Savvy, you a big girl now.” Then Jack decided he had to poop. Jeez….our bathroom was busy that afternoon.
Chris tackled the outdoor lights and I worked inside to take down all the Christmas decorations. I was sad to take them down but I knew it had to be done eventually and might as well take care of it now. As I packed it all away neatly, I thought about how I would probably unpack it all again next year, but likely in a new house.
Chris and I managed some alone time too, with the kids spending the night at Lolli and Pop’s house over New Year’s Eve and the night before. We met them in Sac City and just traded cars. The kids were sooooo excited to pack their suitcases for two nights of sleepovers with their grandparents. I was a little nervous about Savannah with her potty training and all the progress she had made, but Roxanne told us she was doing great and even went #2 for her! When we arrived back home, Chris left to get groceries and I attacked my house cleaning it top to bottom. Bathrooms, floors, dusting, rugs, washing curtains and bedding, I even cleaned the cabinets with wood cleaner. AHHHHH. I LOVE having a sparkling clean house. My house smells wonderful and I have a wonderful husband who enjoys have a clean house as much as me, so he was all over it too! We are on our way to pick up the kids right now as I type, I missed them A LOT and I can’t wait to have them home! But I was grateful to eat Jimmy Johns while watching TV and to be able to sleep in for two mornings in a row. Pure luxury!
No comments:
Post a Comment