There are many times when Savannah just wants to be with me. Even if Daddy and Jack are doing something that sounds like more fun to me for her….she still wants to stay with me, helping me clean up the kitchen, sitting by me when I work on the computer, or following me around upstairs while I put away laundry. She makes me feel very loved and oh so special. I have many funny and sweet stories to share about our smart little two and a half year old daughter. I have been jotting down little snippets of stories to remember so I could post them on the blog. I never want to forget these sweet memories and once I finally get them documented I can throw away all my post its with my scribbling.
1. We have going on more walks lately. Savannah and Jack like to run for blocks and blocks. They like to yell as they run, “I am running fast Mom! We are gettin our exercise!” Savannah likes to tell me she is getting her exercise like Sister and Brother bear from the Berestein Bears “Too Much Junk Food” book that she loves to read. One particular night they wanted to run home from the park too. Usually by this time they are pretty tuckered out and they want to ride in the stroller. I decided to let them run, and soon enough Jack said he was tired. Not Miss Savannah. We were starting the final block home. It is a pretty good hill, and a fairly long one. I never thought she would make it. But my little punkin ran up THE WHOLE HILL! Her little legs just kept on pumping. I stopped twice to rest from pushing Jack, and she just keep on going like the Little Engine That Could. I was so impressed. This child will be an athlete, that is for sure. She has a lot of endurance for a two year old.
2. On another walk the other night, we came upon a house with a huge tree in the corner of the yard. Savannah looked up at me excitedly and said, “Look Mom! Remember when we play bust in the leaves here?” I could not believe that she remembered the one night last fall when we buried each other in the leaves and played “Bust” out of the piles. She was so proud of herself for remembering and was excited to share her memory with me.
3. We have been playing Memory and Bingo together on Sunday afternoons or rainy nights. The kids love these games and I try to teach them something new each time we play. Sometimes these games result in arguing or fights between the kids. Sometimes Jack tells Savannah to hurry and pick her cards for Memory. She usually listens to him and quickly flips over her two cards. During one of our last games Jack was rushing Savvy to hurry to take her turn. She turned to him with a serious and frustrated facial expression and said loudly, “Jack, just let me think about it for a minute!!” I could not stop laughing. She was such a little adult, expressing such exasperation, and using such grown up words at age 2!
4. Easter weekend we stayed at Lolli and Pop’s house. Easter Sunday was a very busy day and before I knew it Savannah was telling me she was tired and wanted to take a nap. I looked at the clock and it was already 2:00. Savannah and I got ready for a nap, snuggling into the sunny guest bedroom. As I closed the blinds, I saw that they weren’t going to cover the sun falling right into Savannah’s eyes. I climbed into the big bed next to Savannah and we whispered and sang a few songs together. The sun made Savvy’s eyes sparkle and she smiled at me and put her hand on my cheek, “Mommy, we love each other!” I had never heard her say those words, and I have never said those exact words to her. I felt the biggest lump in my throat and so much love and adoration for my beautiful sweet daughter. I said, “yes, Savvy we love each other so much! I love you to the moon and back!” She responded with, “Mommy I love you to the stars and back!”
These moments of laughter and love are what life is all about. I can’t wait to see and hear what she says next!
No comments:
Post a Comment