I signed Jack up for a soccer camp that had four one hour sessions. It was an introduction to soccer offered through Marshalltown Parks and Recreation. I really had wanted him to play Spring soccer with the Y but the times included Saturday mornings. We already have our Saturday mornings booked with Kindermusik so I had to settle for a little camp. Jack had such a great time and he did much better following directions than I thought he would. They started by lining up and running a few sprints, followed by stretching following the coaches instructions. I thought that was entertaining. Chris and I could not stop laughing when the kids were actually playing a little scrimmage at the end of the session. It was true chaos… and so many of the kids forgot which team they were on, and which direction to kick the ball. it was hilarious.
It was hard for me to get a good picture. The lighting was not good, and he was in motion the whole time.
Jack ran right off the indoor field one time and straight to the water fountain without the coaches calling for a water break. It was so funny to see his red cheeks and sweaty sideburns, and hear him say he needed a “drink break.” Every time he ran by he was grinning from ear to ear.
He did have a few wipeouts, but he was quick to get up with a smile.
Savannah found a playmate quickly.
Jack was obsessed with other children’s tumbles and injuries. While the other kids would keep playing or lose interest, Jack would stay until the injured child was up and running again.
I really look forward to watching Jack play soccer this fall in Sioux City! I am hoping some of games and practices fall during my maternity leave. I think soccer could be a good sport for Jack. He really seems to like it and I think he compensates well for his decreased strength and coordination with his right foot.
No comments:
Post a Comment