Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter 2013!

029

This demonstrates how hard it is to get a decent picture of all of us….this was the best one of six!  I am surprised that I haven’t given up on trying for family photos.

028

Here was take four….

We started off Easter with egg dying on Thursday night.  I let both the kids pick out their kits at WalMart.  They were so excited to color their eggs.  I set out their cups on paper towels and started to explain how each colored tablet goes into each cup.  I turned around for a minute to fill up Savannah’s cups and when I turned back around Jack was staring at his black cup of water.  One black cup of water and four clear cups of water.  I burst out laughing and asked him what happened.  He said, “Mom, I did what you said.  I put the tablets in the water!”   So it’s a good thing we had Savannah’s cups and food coloring tabs as a back up.  Otherwise Jack’s eggs all would have been blackish green. 

photo (131)

photo (138)

The eggs were all Hello Kitty when we were done.  Savvy sure was happy.

On Saturday we headed to the Easter egg hunt and lunch at the country club.  We were so happy to see all the fun kids activities and the bright decorations.  Jack and Savannah immediately became hyper and antsy and I could barely get them to eat lunch before I let them loose to do all sorts of games and crafts.  It was our first family oriented activity at the club and it was a blast.  We are really looking forward to this summer and weekends by the pool.

023

022

Savannah went straight for the flower pot decorating station.  Once your flowerpot was decorated then you picked your flowers to place inside and water.

019

Jack was all over the plinko type game.

021

Jack immediately won a prize: an annoying bunny mouth whistle that we threw in garbage as soon as we could.

020

Landon was content to watch the action.

025

026

Shooting eggs through the center of huge flowers….Jack was in heaven.

018

Savannah just kept helping herself to prizes.  I didn’t have the heart to tell her she was supposed to earn them by winning at a game.

036

030

Waiting for the Easter Bunny to say they could begin the hunt.  Ready, set, go!!

031

032

034

We changed Savvy’s shoes since she could barely walk in her new pretty coral dress shoes.

033

Jack was so busy watching the big kids’ hunt on the tennis court he only had six eggs when it was all over.

We went home to binge on Easter candy and then all took naps.  The Easter bunny visited our house that evening and I managed to get a quick picture before the kids woke up.in the morning.

photo (104)

037

038

Happy Easter from our littlest bunny.

041

043

Savannah was pretty pleased with the bunny this year.  “He’s just like Santa Claus Mom!” 

044

046

Both of the kids give such silly smiles you cannot even see their eyes!  I made them both do redos and their expressions are so serious!  Jeez….

047

051

After the kids played with their little toys, we got ready for Mass.  We were meeting Mom and Amy at 9:00 at Blessed Sacrament.  Luke, Court and the kids went to Cathedral and Jarrod and Lindsey didn’t want to bring new baby Tristan out yet.  Mass was beautiful, the celebration choir sang and I always love to hear them.  The kids were typical….Jack and Savannah had to go to the bathroom, Landon cried at the end, Savannah hit her head on the pew and bawled.  The joys of small children in church.  Surprised smile I do think people LOVE to see kids at Mass though. 

photo (107)

We followed up church with brunch at Mom and Lyle’s house.  It was delicious.  Panera Bread bagels, egg dishes, and fruit.  Landon went down for his nap and we all enjoyed passing Tristan around.  He was perfect….such a wonderful gift this Easter.

photo (132)

photo (108)

Jack was giving us his serious smile here. 

photo (109)

photo (110)

Cousin love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment