We moved on May 4th and 5th. In my mind it is the last time we are ever moving. EVER. I want to be carried out of this house on a stretcher. Okay, maybe a move in thirty years or so. But I am so happy to finally be settled!! We had so much help from family and friends we had the truck loaded and unloaded before we knew it. Organizing and putting everything away took much longer of course. We were really glad we were patient with the upstairs renovation so when we moved in the upstairs (five bedrooms, two bathrooms, and the laundry room) were all finished!! I adore our upstairs. The rest of the house needs some TLC but over time we plan to renovate it all. Needless to say we do not miss the split level rental on Navaho Circle.
This was what the front of the house looked like in May. It already looks better. My brother Jarrod and Chris tore out the big ugly bushes and we had a landscaping company come out and redo the front landscaping and Chris has painted all the shutters, the front door and lights with fresh glossy black paint. This past summer I LOVED driving up my hill everyday after work to come home to see the kids enjoying our new neighborhood and the cul de sac. Even the long driveway was fun for them to ride their bikes and play t-ball.
My sweet drooler…working on those toothies
The play set was an investment. We paid for the joy, laughter, sweaty July evenings of running, underdogs, and slides into baby pools of cold hose water. We love the playset and it is worth every penny. This past summer we used it so much…Jack even mastered climbing the rock wall by himself!! Landon loved the baby swing….and the tire swing made me sick. ![]()
It is so hard to get these two to smile at the same time and look at the dang camera.
Chris’ aunt Kim helped me with my pots this year. I wish I would have captured what they looked like by July. They were HUGE and gorgeous, bursting with color. She is also going to help me this Christmas to make the house look festive. She is so good at arranging everything to be in the perfect place. I hope I can recreate these pots next spring. I did my own pots out on the deck….they were so pretty all summer and part of fall and I hated when the first frost hit a few weeks ago.
Our new house already feels like home. I adore the view out the kitchen window while I do dishes, the view out the bathroom when I sneak away for a soak in the tub….and I love running up the hill in the summer mornings when it is actually light enough to run at 5:30. I can’t wait to work on the garden this spring. Chris promised to help me clear out the overgrown garden behind the swing set and start our own little garden project this sping. The apple trees in the backyard actually are crunchy, juicy, and delicious. A touch tart…but they are perfect for pies and apple crisp. So far I have only picked bags and given them out to friends but I need to get a ladder out there to pick the big ones at the top of the tree to make some fall baked treats.
No comments:
Post a Comment