Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Week

We are preparing for a very busy week!!  This is our last week at home before we head to Baltimore to begin Jack's therapy!  We are very excited to be leaving but there is a lot to do.  I wanted to do one last update before we left.  This week will consist of us trying to get eat all perishable food (haha) so that nothing goes to waste while we are gone, packing, getting ready for Anne's awesome Bachelorette/Bridal shower bash this Saturday night in Omaha, finishing thank you notes to all the generous donations given at Jack's benefit, and of course on Wednesday we go to Iowa City for Jack's MRI.  He will have IV sedation first thing when we arrive, and then the 45 minute MRI.  We will have results back from the pediatric neurosurgeon and the pediatric neuro-ophthamalogist within a week.  We are not expecting bad news, but we are not really hoping for good news either.  I try not to get my hopes up otherwise the tears come too easy.  We know God's miracle with Jack is slowly happening, so we try to keep our expectations realistic.  We pretty much assume that everything is the same with exception to the good news we recieved earlier based on skull radiographs, that Jack is growing some new bone, which is miraculous news! 

I will be in Des Moines working tomorrow, at the Des Moines Primary Health dental clinic.  Wednesday afternoon I have a continuing education course to go to and Savannah has a doctor's appointment so I know this week is just going to fly by. I wish I didn't have to work on Friday so I could feel like I have some time to do all the packing, but I am sooooo thankful that Christina is coming on Friday night to help with the kids so Chris and I can get a few things done. 

We keep telling Jack he is going to ride in an airplane but he doesn't seem to understand.  It will be quite an experience and I just hope that we make it through the whole flying with two kids process!  I will do updates from Baltimore with pictures so check back if you are interested.

Jack and Savannah swinging at the local park

Savannah loves her shades!

Our new double jogger, had to copy our good friends, the Petries!

It is so nice to be able to take both the kids for a walk at the same time.  It makes it much easier for me to get exercise now that it is nice out, and both of them love it!

Krystal's baby shower in Cedar Rapids

My very good friend Krystal is expecting her first baby and her baby shower was last weekend in Cedar Rapids.  It was so good to see all my best friends from dental school.  We spent every day together for four years and now we only get to see each other on occasion.  These women have been the best support system I have ever had to help get me through school, two pregnancies, and of course, Jack's injury.  They are the best and I hope each and every one of them knows how much I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment