We had a wonderful Easter weekend. I was able to get home at a decent time on Friday evening and Chris and I had fun playing with the kids and then got them to bed a bit early so we could finally watch the movie "The Blind Side." We have been wanting to see it for so long and it was good. I think I just enjoyed the quiet alone time with Chris because that doesn't happen often.
On Saturday Jack and I went to Kindermusik class, then did some shopping in Ames for all the upcoming baby and bridal showers I need to go to. Jack was very well behaved so we went to McDonald's for a happy meal. We made it back home to Marshalltown in time for Jack to nap. Christina came to visit and she helped me make a lasagna to freeze for a dinner I am hosting this Friday night. Okay, she really made it for me while I wrote thank you notes! Thanks TT! Christina left just as Joe and Rena arrived to visit for Easter. They brought their cute dog Felix and Jack just couldn't get over him. Jack absolutely loved playing with Felix and laughed at him attacking his stuffed toy. We all enjoyed a yummy dinner and then dyed Easter eggs. It was Rena's first time ever dyeing eggs and I hadn't done it in a long time either so it was fun.
Jack had fun however he thought the point was to throw them into the cups of food coloring. I think he broke three before I said "ok kid, you're done."
Maybe next year he will understand it more.
Rena's eggs turned out gorgeous! Who knew the med
school student was also creative and artsy?
Jack was so excited to see his Easter basket, but the first thing he did was reach into Savannah's. The look on her face is priceless! "What the heck is he doing trying to take mine too?"
Before we knew it, her basket was tipped over and all the contents were slowing making their way into Jack's basket!
Finally, Jack decided to leave Savvy's eggs alone and instead focused on all the colored grass!
She is the cutest Easter baby!
Lolli bought Jack and Savannah's Easter outfits. Not only did they fit perfectly but they are so adorable.
It took ten minutes to get one picture when they both were smiling.
Oh so worth it!
Easter 2010
It was so nice to have Joe and Rena spend the night. We laughed and talked and we always have so much fun with them. Sunday morning we went out to eat at Perkins and then to Mass. I prayed to God to thank Him for all he has given to me and my family. I felt so at peace and blessed, with my family on either side of me and so many wonderful things to look forward to. I felt so CONTENT and I love that feeling. Jack and Savannah were both so well behaved and Savannah just laughed and smiled and cooed the whole service. I could feel the people admiring my cute kiddos and I am not going to lie. I loved it. After church several people came up to me and said, "you have a beautiful family." I just smiled and said "thank you." What a wonderful day. That afternoon, I even got to take a nap. Enough said. It was a perfect day!










Hi Julie! Love all your new pics. Will be praying for your trip this week. I can only imagine all the emotions you are going through. I love the picture of your two together, they look identical!! My kids did too at that age but are finally starting to change. They both look so happy! I hope the trip goes great and look forward to all the wonderful news!
ReplyDelete