We left for Omaha on Friday evening. We were so excited to be going for a fun filled family weekend to visit Anne and Patrick and to see Joe and Rena, Nick, and Lolli and Pop! Jack could not contain his excitement to be leaving for OMAHA! I had a con ed course in Iowa City that day so I had just walked in the door, and then right back in the car for another road trip. The kids were really good in the car and I sat between their car seats feeding them McDonalds and playing with their happy meal toys. They ate so well, there wasn't a bit of food left from their happy meals. I was bummed because I usually like to sneak a chicken nugget!
We arrived in Omaha safely at Anne and Patrick's house. We hung out for a little bit while the kids investigated (climbed on) the new picnic table from Lolli and Pop. Joe had some extensive oral surgery that morning in Des Moines, harvesting a large amount of bone from his chin for grafting in the upper left anterior region of the maxilla for adequate support of a four unit bridge stabilized by two implants #8 and #11. He was recovering at home, Greg and Roxanne had gone to his house to check on him. When they arrived at Anne's the kids were so excited and gave out lots of hugs and kisses.
We hung out at Anne and Patrick's watching Patrick sweat in the heat while he tore up the deck. It was interesting to watch, though I felt guilty for not helping! We headed to Funplex that afternoon for some sun and fun with the kiddos.
Chris and I used to go to FunPlex every summer when we were dating. We have good memories of going to Little Chicago Deli for subs, putting them in a cooler and bringing it with us for a picnic lunch after some swimming at FunPlex. The kids did a great job in the heat and Savvy even learned to like the wave pool.
Where are the smiles Savvy girl?
We don't have to worry about that with Jack!
I LOVE watching Jack and Savannah laugh and play with their grandparents. He has such a great time and I know he can feel their love everytime they are together.
After a picnic lunch and more swimming the kids were ready for a nap. We dried off and headed back to Anne's house for an afternoon snooze. Jack skipped a nap for another lesson on Patrick's IPAD. He just loved it, playing several different games. At one point I watched him and he didn't know I was watching. He was laughing and talking to himself as he played. It was precious. I swear, I think I am going to have to buy the kid an IPAD. Do you think he will let me use it every once in awhile???
We went to Joe and Rena's new house on Saturday night for Big Fred's pizza, puppy chow, and Rena made delicious strawberry shortcake for dessert. Joe and Rena's house is awesome and it was fun to see all the decorating she has gotten done in the last few weeks. Joe is recovering, slowly, and his swelling had not peaked yet when I saw him. Poor guy. We love you Joe, all this will be worth it in the end.
On Sunday we got up and went to church at Boys Town. I had never been there and it was a beautiful church on an amazing campus. After church we got ready for the zoo. I was really excited to go, I haven't been to the Omaha Zoo since I was a young child. It was very warm, but we had a lot of fun.
The cool areas saved us momentarily from the heat!
Jack's favorite thing to say was, "Mommy, bite you??" His way of asking if the lion, tiger, or bear was going to bite him.
I was so hot I wanted to join the polar bear.
Catching a ride
Happy kids, Daddy and Pop look pretty happy too.
The goat licked Jack's hand, and this is his new look of suprise and awe! We love it.
The petting zoo was a big hit. Those little baby goats were pretty cute!
Jack loved the train ride, and made his signature shock and awe expression every time the whistle blew.
How tall is my Jack Jack?
We headed home after a fun day. Savannah was wiped out and fell asleep within seconds of getting situated in her car seat. Jack, however just doesn't seem to require much sleep and he was content to watch TV on the way home. I had Monday off so it felt good to know that I didn't have to be stressed about getting ready for the week quickly. I took Jack and Savannah to Childserve on Monday morning for Jack's therapy. I love having the opportunity to do that. It is nice to catch up with his therapists, discuss goals, and just to watch my little guy work so hard. It was a wonderful long weekend and I felt refreshed to start another work week. Every work week should start on Tuesday!




No comments:
Post a Comment