Just in case you missed it the first time! I had to post this picture again. I cannot get over what happy, beautiful little boy I have. All boy, full of smiles, laughter and little bit of mischief.
Greg and Roxanne came for the weekend so Chris and I could do a few fun things to celebrate our eighth wedding anniversary. They arrived on Thursday evening and we had BBQ ribs, cheesy potatoes, strawberry spinach salad and Rox's awesome cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Heaven! On Friday Chris worked on the roof, replacing the shingles we lost in the storm and Greg and Roxanne took the kids to the pool. On Friday night Chris and I played golf with two other couples at the country club. It is called Twilight and there was a lot more people than I expected. It was a fun night, though embarrassing for me since I can't even make contact with the ball even when I am really concentrating. I cannot even count how many times I whiffed the ball or created a divot. Yikes! My favorite part was riding in the cart, sipping a beer, and feeling the breeze. After a long 18 holes we ate dinner with the group and headed home. It was fun change from our usual Friday night routine.
The kids stayed busy having the time of their lives with their grandparents.
If Savvy would move her binky you could see her smile!
Pop, I am pretty sure that is a smile of adoration for you!
Just chillin, watching golf. Jack likes to say, "Someday, Jack golfs."
On Saturday morning we all went to a pancake benefit breakfast for the mother in law of a dental assistant I work with. After breakfast Rox and I took the kids to their first tumbling class! It was so much fun. I didn't get any pictures but I will this Saturday. Jack struggled with almost everything but he didn't care. He completed the movements as best he could and had a blast. Now, Savannah on the other hand, just might be a tumbler! She was a natural and really impressed me a couple of times.
Saturday late afternoon Chris and I headed to Des Moines for dinner and some shopping. We had a really nice time at the Latin King Italian restaurant and followed it up with cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. I love just being able to eat my food slowly, talk to my husband, and enjoy eating out without having to pick up food off the floor!! Greg and Rox took the kids out for pizza and then back to the pool for an evening swim. They capped off the night with cookies and cream ice cream. What lucky kiddos!
Sunday morning we went to church and then said goodbye to Lolli and Pop.
Jack's cheesy smile makes up for Savannah's lack of smile.
She was so happy when I put on her new jean skirt! Where did her smiles go? I just have to say that someone from work saw this photo and said, "so that's where Chris gets his good looks!"
And last but not least.....the ultimate game....the game that will go down in history as the most played game by Jack, Savannah and Pop. PLAY BALL ON THE STEPS.
Jack loves to say, "Pop, after dinner, play ball on the steps please?" And Greg always indulges him. Lolli has played her fair share as well, and poor Savvy has been hit in the head enough times for her to know when to duck!
Never do I take it for granted that I have such a wonderful family. I am so grateful for all the times that Greg and Rox make the trip to Marshalltown so that Chris and I can spend some time alone (not to mention get the heck out of MT for some decent restaurants and some shopping, lovin my new sperrys). Thank you Greg and Rox for all the fun and love you give Jack and Savvy. They will have memories that will last them a lifetime. Rox, thanks for the great photos!
On a completely different note, here are a couple of updates on Jack:
1. Jack had his first real #2 on the toilet. I screamed with joy and so did Chris. The neighbors probably thought we won the lottery. I felt like I did, with how hard we have tried to get him to do this. He has been perfectly capable of completing this task for probably at least 8 months, however he has been really stubborn about doing it. Even today, he put up the biggest fuss and convinced Chris, after an hour and a half of crying, saying his tummy hurt, refusing lunch, to put on a DIAPER. That kid....what are we going to do?
2. Jack was bit by two wasps tonight at the park. Poor baby. The wasps were coming out from a small opening near the rock wall and as soon as I saw them, was the second he started screaming. His poor arm and ear were swollen. He cried for six blocks....not a fun walk home.
My mom is coming this weekend to visit. Can't wait, we are going to tumbling class and then a lake picnic on Saturday, and the Ankeny water park on Sunday. I love summer!







No comments:
Post a Comment