On July 9th I ran the midnight madness 10 K in Ames. Chris and the kids came along, the first race they have ever been to together. Jack went to a couple of races when he was a baby. It was fun to have them there and really exciting to wave as I ran by them a couple of times. Chris was a great sport and kept them occupied while I ran. The atmosphere was so fun, with the music playing and all the people, strollers, bicycles. Downtown Ames was packed and I wished we could have stayed a bit later to enjoy the post race festivities but Pancheros was calling me and Chris' names and we had to get our fix. Chris actually said he might like to run a race someday as we were driving out of town. I am going to hold him to that, because I think he could be a really decent runner if he trained a little. And I sure would like to compete against my best friend.
My dream is to someday run a race with my whole family: Jack, Savannah and Chris. Now....who do you think would win......?
No comments:
Post a Comment