Smiling Savannah in her new kiddie coupe. We had to give her this for her birthday since her favorite thing to do is to run to the neighbors house and climb into theirs. She was pretty excited see the picture on the box when she opened it this morning. It was funny, every piece of paper she ripped from the box she carefully brought to me, even the tiniest piece. I guess I am not surprised, one of her first two word phrases was, "Big mess." I am going to blame Chris for that one. :o)
For dinner we had spinach and cheese tortelli, one of Savvy's favorites. She smiled when we sang to her but she didn't try to blow out her candle. And no, she did not eat her broccoli in case any of you are wondering. She pushed it away and said, "yuuuuucky, Mom." A classic Savannah move with her veggies.
Today Savannah had her two year check up at the pediatrician. I met Chris and the kids at the doctors office. She was suprisingly shy and fearful at this checkup. She had been crying when I walked in, a bit late. She buried her little face in my neck and I could feel her tears. I was so happy to be there holding her, and to have not missed the appointment. She did well, and finished off the appointment with a blood draw to check for lead and iron levels. What a tough girl. She weighed in at 30 pounds, 75%; 34 3/4 inches tall, 75%; and 19 1/2 inches for head circumference, 90%. My baby is growing. So much bigger than the 8 pounds 8 oz baby I gave birth to.
After her bath on Tuesday night, we found Savannah sitting quietly in her pink chair, reading her favorite Toy Story book, looking for the character Jessie. She was seriously studying the book, and when I walked in she didn't even look up. I burst out laughing when I saw she has put on her funny sunglasses all by herself. She is just too much sometimes.
Then she really hammed it up for us.
My favorite part of the day is before bed, when we are comfortable and cozy, snuggling and reading together. She is such a sweet girl, and so easy to please. I am so blessed to have her for my daughter.
I had to include this shot because I have a feeling that Jack is going like this car as much as Savannah. He already is popping wheelies. I am glad Savvy isn't still in the car.
Happy Birthday Savannah! We love you and I can't wait for our Candyland Adventure on Saturday!


No comments:
Post a Comment