Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tumbling Class




Jack and Savannah have gone to two tumbling classes at MAT Tumbling.  It has been very fun.  The first class consisted of Jack and Savvy exploring and trying all the little kid areas.  They had a blast.  Lolli joined us for our first class but I forgot my camera that day.  Grandma joined us for our second class and as you can see from the poor photos I had a really hard time with my camera.  My new camera is very nice, but it is much smarter than me.  I could not find the sport setting that takes pictures really quickly and prevents blurring when people are in motion.  I was so frustrated.  I spent half the class trying to figure out the settings instead of enjoying the fun.  I finally put it away and promised myself I was going to sit down and read all about the abilities of my camera and figure out how to use all the functions.  I have not done that yet.  Still on my list!! 

Jack and Savannah loved the tumble track, the long running trampoline.  They did a very good job holding their arms up and jumping down the length of the track.  Savannah was natural on the mini balance beam, and she even swung on the uneven bars.  I think she will be a good little gymnast someday if we put her in real classes.  Jack had so much fun even though several of the activities were pretty hard for him.  He just did the best he could, smiling the whole time.  Jumping into the foam pit was definitely his favorite part. 

I think we are going to sign Jack up for an evening class with three year olds this fall. Parents stay and can help if the instructor needs you.  I think the class is good for Jack for his stretching, flexibility and weight bearing.  We do all those things and he doesn't even realize he is working hard!  Savannah will have to wait since she is too young for a weeknight class and the parent/tot class is only offered on Saturday mornings, and this fall we are doing Kindermusik again.  The month of August, they have no parent/tot class.  I was really bummed.  I wanted to do it for a few more Saturdays.  Now when we drive by, Jack asks, "Tumbling class Mom?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment