The Little Hands Farm
Last Tuesday I took the afternoon off work and we made our first family trip to the Iowa State Fair. I had always heard from Rena about how fun the fair is, and the great food. We met Christina there and she was organized like always, with her map of the fair in hand. She led us around, taking us to the parts that she thought the kids would like.
The kids liked the Little Hands Farm, it was interesting to see how they set it up to be educational for the kids. I liked it but when we were done my back hurt.
When the kids were done "selling" their veggies at the Farmer's Market they were given a dollar to buy a treat, of course they chose bomb pops. Me and kids need to work on being more photogenic like Dad.
Yep, you guessed it. THIS was the kids' favorite part of the Iowa State Fair. The tall blue character blowing "dancing" in the wind.
Jack stood so quietly watching the baby chicks.
I think the calf's tongue actually got Jack!
Savvy really likes Clifford, she was so excited to see him.
Even though it doesn't appear that way here.
We hit up the petting zoo.
The kids were pretty good about riding in the stroller and then getting out for short walks.
Both kiddos were excited to ride on the airplane ride at the midway.
At this point the kids are still excited and smiling.
At this point I have two screaming and crying children, clutching me like I need to save them. The ride seemed to last forever.
Savannah and Jack were a little tentative to ride the train after their airplane experience, but both ended up taking a ride.
We tried salt water taffy, homemade root beer, lemonade, foot long hot dogs, gyros, a turkey leg, and I capped it all off with a margarita. The calories were so worth it! Savannah and Jack liked the turkey meat and the root beer best. We had a blast and I am really glad we planned it into the week so we missed out on heavy crowds on the weekend. We will definitely go back next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment