Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas in Sioux City

We got into Sioux City on Friday late afternoon.   The car ride was pretty good with exception of one meltdown by Jack.  The IPAD, new books from Santa, the DVD players, and lots of snacks is what kept the peace.  We unloaded our things and got settled at Mom and Lyle’s.  We had a busy night ahead of us with going to the Keane family party downtown at the new museum.  Then we planned on going to the Lohr family get together at Pete and Bev’s.  We arrived at the new museum, which I have heard is pretty neat, and gathered in one of the party/classrooms.  It was so fun to see all my mom’s family including lots of cousins I hadn’t seen in a long time.  There was plenty to eat and drink, and the kids ran around the museum with other great grandkids.  I was consumed talking to everyone so I didn’t even get my camera out.  Grandma and Grandpa Keane looked great and I loved catching up with so many people all at once.  Jack and Savannah were fascinated with the huge cow right when you walk into the museum.  They had a hard time saying good bye to it when it was time to head to the Lohr’s house.

049

Jack immediately got comfy with Pop on the couch, playing a crash the cars game resulting in a lot of noise.

054

Pop eventually became a jungle gym!

050

Savannah cuddled up with Lolli.

We ate again at the Lohr’s and enjoyed a  beautiful prayer from Aunt Dorothy along with a white elephant gift exchange game.  I came home with new champagne glasses!  The kids had a blast with their cousin Sarah who made them laugh so hard they couldn’t breathe with a rough and tumble game of climb and fall!  We left Pete and Bev’s to come back to Mom and Lyle’s to get settled for the night.  The next morning Mom and Lyle made a big breakfast for everyone.  It was delicious.  My mom and I took the kids to my Grandma and Grandpa Keane’s house to visit and Chris dropped off some presents at his parents house.  After the kids’ naps we got ready for the Christmas Eve Mass at Blessed Sacrament. 

057

063

I tried really hard to get a good picture of these two, and I wanted one with all four the kiddos, with Brook and Noah, but it just wasn’t happening.  I could barely get Savannah to crack a smile.

064

After church we had ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans, spinach dip and lots of desserts made by Amy.  I was impressed with all her Christmas cookies and treats.  We changed into more comfy clothes and got ready to open presents.  We all took turns holding Noah.  He is such a good baby and slept all during church.  Jack and Savannah were pretty good too, and no one had to leave during the Mass. 

065

I couldn’t decide which picture of Mom was prettier, so I had to post both of them!

066

Noah was pretty content to just sit there and stare at his Grandma.

067

Savannah pulled outfit after outfit from her clothes bag from Mom and Lyle.  She paused only to glance at one that must have caught her eye.  These presents made me much happier than her, keeping two kids in cute clothes is EXPENSIVE and they grow so quickly.  I was thrilled to have so many new clothes for her.  She also received a potty training book that she promptly declared, “I not like this book!” And she pushed it under the couch.  That girl, she makes me laugh.

068

Jack liked his new clothes and his new books from Mom and Lyle too.  Especially the Cars book.

After we were done opening presents Amy and Jacob left for the long car ride to see his side of the family.  We put the kiddos to bed, and Luke and Courtney packed up their kiddos and headed home.  Jarrod, Christina, Mom and I stayed up for some pretty intense Scrabble.  Just kidding, the game was not up to par with our usual mad word skills.  The next morning Chris and I got the kids ready so they could surprise Lolli and Pop and go to church with them.  Roxanne does such a great job helping me  (okay, really she shops for me!) pick out all their dress clothes and she hadn’t seen them in their Christmas outfits yet.  The kids were excited to go see baby Jesus again, and it gave me and Chris an opportunity to clean up the rooms we took over at Mom and Lyles.  We headed over to Greg and Roxanne’s to have brunch and open presents.  Jack was hyper with excitement over his new remote control car and Savannah couldn’t get her Barbie out of the convertible fast enough to brush her hair.  More cute clothes, a helicopter for Jack, and presents for the adults.  It was a wonderful morning.  The kids and I crashed for a long nap and when we woke up, it was time to get ready to eat again.  Roxanne made prime rib and it was awesome.  We had Chris’ favorite strawberry pretzel salad and I was loving the cheddar biscuits.  We finished the dinner off with cake from Wheatfields. 

071

I couldn’t get the lighting right with the camera, with all the warm sunshine pouring in through the deck doors.

075

xmas 2011 003

Now there is a smile from my Savvy girl. 

On Sunday night we stayed up watching movies and eating popcorn.  The kids didn’t want to go to bed, so they joined us for a little bit, way past their bedtime.  On Monday we packed up and got ready to head out of town.  We met my Mom at the mall for lunch and to look for a few things at Younkers. 

077

078

The kids loved playing with Grandma on the mini carousel and in the play place.

080

079

We ate at Chick-Fil-A and then said our good-byes.  It was a wonderful Christmas.  I wasn’t at all sad it was over because I knew I had several more days to enjoy at home with kids.  I was excited to go home and play with their new toys and just be lazy around the house.

083

Our very tired Savannah.

082

Jack enjoying his car companion, the IPAD. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment