We moved last Saturday, so we have lived in Sioux City for officially one week. It has been a whirlwind crazy week, but so much fun at the same time.
Jack’s last day of school was on Friday. The Catholic School has a yearly outdoor carnival called Fun Fest and it was also on the 18th. I told Jack is was his going away party. He was so excited to go and see all his friends after school was over that day. Joe and Nick came to Marshalltown on Friday night to load the Penske truck. Chris and I had worked hard all week to have everything packed, cleaned, and ready to go. I took the kids to Fun Fest while Joe and Nick and Chris drove to Ames to get the truck.
The weather was perfect for Fun Fest, last year was cold and rainy. Friday was bright and sunny with a nice breeze. I bought the kiddos their bracelets and the fun began. Dunking tanks, t-ball games, two huge bounce houses, two enormous inflatable slides, all sorts of kiddie games, food, balloons, and a tumble bus. We had a great time. I was surprised by the number of people who came up to us to say goodbye. They had heard we were moving and everyone expressed how sad they were to see us go. It really warmed my heart to realize the number of friends we made in Marshalltown through the parish and school.
I only snapped a couple of pictures.
They adore bounce houses!
After a couple of hours of fun we picked up pizzas for dinner. We ate and then worked until bedtime. The truck was almost completely full when we finally fell into bed. Our house was nearly empty and the work had just begun. Saturday morning Mom and Lyle arrived with good sized enclosed trailer. Chris, Nick and Joe had that full within an hour and after filling up the bed of Lyle’s truck and every inch of available space in the vehicles we realized we had just barely made it with enough space for all of our stuff!
The drive to Sioux City went well. My mom and I stopped in Webster City with the kids to have McDonalds. When we arrived at our new “temporary” house my brothers, Chris’ brothers, Lyle, and Greg were all hard at work unloading. Roxanne had food in the kitchen. Within a couple of hours everything was unloaded!
There is so much more to write. The last two weeks have flown by. I knew they would. As of yesterday at 1:00 Chris and I own a dental practice!! Our house is starting to look more like a home. Jack and Savvy’s room is done and I have bought everything to decorate Landon’s room. I will have a lot more pictures of the house and the practice to follow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment