Sunday, October 24, 2010

29 and Counting

I turned 29 on the 17th.  I know I am not old yet, but I still can't believe how fast the years fly by.  That is why I am glad I make the time to do this blog.  When I am old and my kids are grown I can look back at the memories we made and remember what it was like to be a working mother with two wonderful, very busy, beautiful children.  Here are a few random pictures from the end of the summer that I wanted to post first.

Grandma, Savvy, and her darn binky, she loves it. 

I had to take these pictures because it was the first time that Jack didn't want to swing himself.  He wanted to push Savannah!

What a helper!

She loves to hug, and pull, and twist herself up in the curtains.  Savannah has made many love marks on our curtains.  Slobber, snot, tears, and even food are on these curtains.  Glad I bought them at Kmart!

So, the weekend of my birthday, we had our cousins, Carrie and Katie, and my aunt Mary Jean flying in for a visit to Iowa.  I very much wanted to see them so we planned on making the trip to Sioux City to see them.  Carrie brought her beautiful new baby Carter, and Katie brought precious little Emma and her baby bun in the oven, and all together with my two kiddos we had a fun crazy night!

Grandma Keane's birthday was on the 22nd and I believe she turned 88.  Mary Jean bought a cake and Grandpa and Grandpa Keane, John and Kathy, Dan and his kids, Luke, Courtney, and Brook all came over for dinner and cake and ice cream. It was very fun to see everyone and catch up.  I got to hold little Carter and I started to feel baby fever coming on.  Just for a second.  Jack ran and plowed into me and Savannah started to cry and suddenly my fever disappeared!

Grandma Keane, Kathy, and Jack
 
Brook telling Jack to look at the camera.

Me and Grandma, the birthday girls!

Mary Jean, Carter, and Grandpa Keane

Jack and his Pa, looking at walleye in the fishing magazine

Mom, Savvy, and half of Grandpa.  I did not take this picture.  Thanks Luke!

Katie, me, Carrie, and Carter

Family picture on Mom's 29th birthday

Joe and Rena said they wanted a picture with the kids.  After four shots that looked just like this they gave up on Savannah!

Now if this isn't a great photo!  I wonder just how cute Rena and Joe's kids will be such good looking parents??

We spent my birthday by going to church with Chris' family and then having a delicious brunch afterwards made by Roxanne.  Afterwards we packed up the kids and headed to my mom's house to say goodbye.  We played for a while and then headed out of town.  The three and a half hour drive ended up taking nearly five hours because we had to stop so many times.  Jack continued to say that he had to go to the bathroom, and nearly every time was a false alarm.  Finally, we pulled into Marshalltown and instead of going home, like we usually would, to feed the kids a healthy dinner, I suggested we avoid the mess and eat dinner at McDonalds.  Watching these two eat their ketchup with their fingers, Savannah chewing up her apple and then spitting it back onto the table, and both of them blowing bubbles in their milk gave me more joy on my birthday than anything else.  I love my kids so much and I am very blessed to be their mom.




On Friday night Christina and Amy came into town to celebrate my birthday.  We went for manicures and pedicures, and then out for Mexican food and margaritas.  The mani/pedis were relaxing and the food was delicious. It was so fun.  We had a great time talking about anything and everything, just catching up on each others lives.  I sometimes take my sisters for granted and am then reminded how lucky I am that I have them in my life.  I have several friends who do not have sisters and I don't know what I do without mine!  I love you Christina and Amy!  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the three of us but I forgot my camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment