Our first night in Chicago was very relaxing, watching the Husker game while eating deep dish pizza with no INTERRUPTIONS! Chris was in heaven.
When we were done, I couldn't move.
On Friday night we walked from the Hyatt to Millenium Park for the Country Music Festival. I had to stop the police officer to feed his horse.
I know I am a dork, and Chris was teasing me for making such a big deal about the horse but I had to get a photo.
Too bad you can't see the beautiful city lights in the background!
We had a great time enjoying the awesome weather outside. The music was pretty good and we ate chocolates and caramels from Fannie Mae's candy store under the stars.
When you have two kids and life is crazy, it is easy to forget how much you really love your spouse until you get a chance to reconnect. Just the car ride to Chicago was luxury, having a long quiet conversation with my best friend. We laughed, I actually dozed off with the sun streaming through the window on my face, and we were able to sleep in THREE mornings in a row. I did miss the kids and called about four times a day, but we really needed the time away and we had a blast.
On Friday we did some shopping on Michigan Ave. Chris worked out at the hotel gym and just kinda hung out, reading the paper and watched SportsCenter while he waited for me to get done with the conference. On Saturday the conference ended and we drove to Iowa City to stay the night at the Marriott. We didn't want to pay to spend another night at the Hyatt since it was more expensive. We went out to dinner and to a movie. It was so much fun to just enjoying being with each other with no poopy diapers, no crying kids, and tasting every bite of our food. On Sunday we went to church, then out to breakfast and headed home. I missed the kids a lot and I was so excited to see them. I was very happy to be home and was ready to take on motherhood again!






No comments:
Post a Comment