Saturday, November 5, 2011

Daddy’s Birthday!

091

Daddy’s 32nd birthday was on Nov. 1!!

088

We had a regular Tuesday/workday but we still tried to make Dad’s birthday special.

Chris requested  beef stew over mashed potatoes for dinner, and monster cookie bars for dessert.  I made that happen of course, while he was upstairs having fun playing video games.  We sang to Dad after dinner and gave him our cards.  Since Chris is the hardest person in the world to shop for, I didn’t really have a present for him.  I resorted to asking him to please online shop and send me the links of what he wanted and I would order them.  He refused to do that so unfortunately I did not have a present for him.  After the kids were in bed, Chris smiled at me and told me he felt like a lucky man, to have me as a wife and two beautiful healthy kids.  It was the best thing I have heard him say in a long time.  I was so happy that he was happy on his birthday, even on a Tuesday, after all day taking care of the children, without any presents, living in Marshalltown, Iowa.  He felt lucky, but I am the lucky one.

089

These bars are fantastic!  A Jamie Petrie recipe spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment