Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trick or Treat!

“I be Woody, Savvy be Jessie!”  That was Jack’s standard response to people who asked what he was going to be for Halloween.  The kids have loved Toy Story 3 ever since we DVRed the movie last year.  They received Jessie and Woody dolls for their birthdays and deciding who to be for Halloween was so easy!

023

“Howdy, partner, there’s a snake in my boot!”

024

Yodeelay hee hoo!!

 

Our Halloween festivities began the Tuesday before Halloween at a kid’s party at MCC, the local community college.  There were all sorts of fun activities for the kids.  It was the kids first time in their costumes and they were so excited to see other kids dressed up.  There was cookie decorating, pumpkin painting, apple cider, a costume contest, trick or treating at the dorms, and other games.

025

The cookies attracted us right away!

026

029

030

031

032

Jack was very focused on his pumpkin design.

033

Savannah was very proud of her pumpkin.

Our next Halloween adventure was at Elmwood.  There was a Halloween buffet, geared more towards kids, with pizza, chicken fingers, grapes, apples, witches’ brew punch, and awesome Halloween decorated cupcakes along with plenty of candy.  They had separate stations for the kids each with a game and candy prizes for their trick or treat bags.  Jack was fascinated with watching all the kiddos play the games but wasn’t too interested in playing himself until closer to the end of the night.  Their favorite candy are suckers and they think the night is a huge success once they have their hands on a sucker. 

035

036

037

Savannah and Zoey.  They played together really well during the party.

041

This was his favorite game, spooky and scary kiddie golf.

042

I could NOT get Jack to just SIT DOWN!!

043

045

Savannah was SOOOO excited to have TWO suckers!  She was double fisting it for the whole night!

When we left Elmwood we had two very tired, overstimulated kids who were coming down from huge sugar high.  We had a great time talking with some of our friends while the kids entertained themselves with all the other kids.  It was a great way to spend a cold dark night in Marshalltown. 

073

We carved pumpkins on Sunday night.  We never really get into it big and buy those fun kits with the small knives. But I am going to do that next year!  I am inspired by Amy and Jacob’s awesome Jack o’Laterns.  Next year I am going to special order one with a big molar on it!

075

076

We had fun washing all the pumpkin seeds, boiling them, and baking them with butter and salt.  No one liked them but me, but it was worth it.  I think they are addictive.

078

079

We didn’t get a photo of the final product with the pumpkins but I must say, the NEBRASKA “N” was my favorite. 

082

Time to Trick or Treat! We started at Jim and Veronica’s.

084

085

087

Jessie and Woody had a successful night ending with a pumpkin full of treats!  And surprisingly, we did not see another Woody or Jessie!

086

Chris and I fought over the one butterfinger in their loot.  I won.  It was delicious.  Until next year…the Lohr’s sign off on another fun filled Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe you have a pic of Jack sitting in that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete