Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Little Ditty ‘bout Jack and Savannah

Jack and Savannah are constantly saying funny things that I want to write down but it is often in the middle of a hectic time. A time when I can’t just drop everything and head to the computer.  But I should, because these comments are priceless and they are learning new things every day and their speech is growing with leaps and bounds.  Savannah is quickly closing the gap between her language development and Jack’s.  Here are some funny examples of Jack’s opinions, comments, and questions.

JACK

As I headed down the steps this morning to get his juice…

“Mom, you not run down the steps, you walk slow because you run and fall down and get owie and throw up.”

“Mom you look cute…I fill your bucket!”  At preschool their teacher is working on kindness and compassion and how we can fill people’s  buckets  and make them feel happy or how we can empty someone’s bucket by saying things that are hurtful.

If Savannah is not being nice to Jack he says, “Savvy you NOT fill my bucket…I not fill your bucket EVER NEVER EVER NEVER AGAIN!!” This is pretty new to us, the ever never thing.  I have to admit, I did laugh. 

The day after Halloween Jack had a sucker from his leftover treats.  He took the cherry sucker out of his mouth and had a big smile while he looked right at it.  He grinned from ear to ear and said, “Mom, this sucker is DELICIOUS!!”  I died laughing because I have never heard him say that word before and pronounced it so perfectly. 

For some reason Jack also is in a stage when he likes to announce that he has passed gas.  It used to be that he would just smile and say, “Mom, I tooted!”  I would then encourage him to say excuse me.  Now he has to describe everything about his toot.  “Mom, I TOOTED in my jammies.  Mom, I tooted in my car seat.  Mom, I tooted in my booster seat and it stinky!”  And tonight, “Mom I tooted on the couch when I watch mowers on the IPAD!!”  He acts like this is a huge accomplishment and I often find myself congratulating him on his achievement.  Then I realize that I probably shouldn’t do that or he will start trying to impress his friends at preschool. 

Today as Chris was laying Jack down for his nap after preschool, he reached out and touched Chris’ shirt.  He said, “Nice shirt Daddy, I like it, Lolli get it for you?”  Jack tends to remember which shirts of his are from Lolli and he must have thought that Lolli buys all the nice shirts.  Hahaha. 

SAVANNAH

On our way home from Omaha this past weekend, Savvy was getting all snuggly in her car seat with her blanket and Jessie doll.  I told her it was time to take a nap.  She laid her head down and was quiet for a minute.  All of a sudden her head popped up. “Jack, I ask you a question.  You not wake me up!!”  And she promptly put her head back down and fell asleep.

Daddy sometimes has a bone crack in his elbow or leg and he taught the kids to say in a funny voice, “Bone crack!”  Savvy now says, “bone crack!” whenever she hears one from me, Chris or Jack. 

When I get home from work, Savannah runs to me at full sprinting speed, flies into my arms and squeezes my neck so tight, saying, “Mommy, oh mommy, you all done brushin teeth for the kids, you all done mommy?  Stay home with Savvy?  I love yoooooouuuuuuu Mommy!!”  Her smiles and excitement just melt my heart and make me feel like a celebrity or something.  It also makes me so sad when the first thing she says in the morning when I get her out of her crib, “go to work Mom?  hafta brush teeth Mommy?”  I hate that my day starts with my kids reminding me that I leave them every morning.

Savannah likes to push her plate away when only vegetables are left and saying, “I not like it…I done, all done.”   When I ask her to try one bite, she says very dramatically, “I can’t Mommy.” When I suggest we have ice cream for dessert she suddenly says, “Savvy have ice cream too, right now.”  How convenient for Miss Savannah. 

 

More funny quotes to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment