Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

001

Jack’s preschool work of art

005

Savannah modeling Jack’s other work of art!  I could not get Jack to wear it for me.

006

MY work of art!!

Just kidding folks, I work full time and I am not Martha Stewart.  This centerpiece was made by KMart. 

007

I did create these little place cards though.

011

Savannah told me where to put the stickers and which ones to choose. 

012

013

014

015

For the guys….let the drinking and football begin.

016

For the ladies, let the cooking, baking and defrosting begin.

017

And while we were at it, we all checked our blood pressure courtesy of Nick’s automatic cuff.  Hahaha.  We realized that some high blood pressure runs in the family!

019

018

Snuggle time with Pop

020

Storytime with Pop

023

Storytime with Lolli

025

Thanksgiving Day Mass, Savannah debuted her faux fur coat, a present from Christina.

026

Joe, Rena, and Jack so helpfully being my test subjects for the lighting before our family picture.

030

The Lavin and Lohr families

033

Too much turkey, cooking, and cleaning for this Mom.  Snuggling with my Savvy girl made me feel so much better.

034

Lolli and Pop left on Saturday morning.  Before they left, Lolli unpacked a little pre-Christmas surprise for Jack and Savannah, a dancing Santa.  The kids are now obsessed. 

036

I couldn’t even get Savannah to turn away for one picture!!

 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  My pies turned out well.  Not beautiful enough to warrant a photo, but the apple and cherry pies tasted pretty good so I consider it a success.  It was fun to have the help of Rox, Rena, and Anne in the kitchen.  Nebraska won the big game on Friday so Chris was thrilled of course.  We managed to sneak away for the Breaking Dawn movie.  I have to admit, I absolutely love that series and going to movie with Chris is such a luxury.  It was great fun!  Thanks to our babysitters, Lolli and Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment