Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fabulous (Fall)ing Leaves

Last weekend we had a wonderful afternoon raking leaves, mowing, and cleaning off the deck. The weather was the perfect temperature for a sweatshirt and jeans and there is something about playing in the leaves that makes you feel very young and energetic.  Jack and Savannah were surprisingly helpful, grabbing armfuls of leaves and throwing them in the big brown bags. This was after we made a big mess of the pile Dad had made.  I taught them a very simple game that I used to play with my brothers and sisters.  You have to lie still while the other siblings cover you in leaves, pillows, couch cushions, or blankets, whatever you happen to have accessible.  Then, after you are completely covered, we all count to three and yell “BUST!”  Then the child laying under all the leaves busts out as fast as they can.  That game kept us busy for many hours when me and my siblings were kids.  Jack and Savvy caught on quickly and soon were yelling “BUST!” after they had covered me with leaves. 

 

067

064

065

055

Savannah sprinting to the pile of leaves.

054

Jack ready to crash into the leaves.

053

056

057

061

062

063

072

068

I was impressed with Savvy’s raking skills.

We had a great afternoon enjoying the crisp weather and the autumn sunshine.  I am trying not to think about the upcoming snowy weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment