Saturday, March 17, 2012

New Family Car

017

Ever since we found out we were expecting our third child we knew we needed a bigger car.  Chris launched into a full time search and he knew exactly what he wanted.  Three months into the search he found the SUV in Iowa Falls.  So one weeknight we drove up there to look at it.  Chris prepared me that I was not to say anything that let them know we knew we wanted that particular vehicle.  He didn’t want me to blow his operation to negotiate.  Ha ha.  Well, Jack kinda did that for him.  Jack asks a lot of questions when we are going anywhere.  Where are we going?  Why?  What are we going to do there?  Who is going to be there?  So needless to say, I explained that we were going to look at new cars and we wanted to buy a big white car for the new baby.  So as soon as we walked into the dealership and were greeted by the salesman, Jack asked loudly, "we buy our big white car now?”  Hahaha.  He is one funny little boy!!  The next morning at preschool he announced that he came in his “new big white car.”  I think he seriously thinks it is HIS vehicle.  The Honda Pilot we had is now living at the dealership.  I do not miss it, but it was a good car for us for four years.

I am afraid to drive it,  but I did take it out for a spin to Walmart.  It is so big to me that I just don’t think I will drive it unless I have to.  Chris and I did have the minivan discussion.  It was very BRIEF.  I am sure that the sixth time we load up all three kids in one day we may sometimes regret our decision.   Ultimately, this is a better fit for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment