Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ultrasound photos

03-18-2012 12_52_20PM

Lohr baby #3 at 11 weeks. 

To see our little baby’s heartbeat and to hear it so strongly made my eyes fill with tears.  It is an amazing experience, and it doesn’t seem to matter that it is our third child.  It seem just as special and miraculous as the first time I heard Jack’s heartbeat.  I was sad Chris wasn’t there for the first ultrasound, just because I knew he would have loved to be there.  But he was pretty excited to see our little peanut’s first photo!

Cravings early on: grapefruit with Splenda, Jimmy Johns pickles, go gurt yogurt, cold gummy bears, and pretty much any fast food

03-18-2012 12_54_41PM

Lohr baby #3 at 15 weeks! 

Now this is a little more like it!!  A head, a big belly, a waving arm, and a very strong heartbeat.  This one made me cry too, because I saw his/her little head turn just as the doctor turned on the screen, as if to say, “well, hi there Mommy!”  The doctor says everything looks great so far and I am very grateful for that.  A human life is such a blessing, and a healthy pregnancy is not something to take for granted.  He chuckled when he saw my weight gain and remarked that I was on the “pound a week plan!”  I am trying so hard not to indulge in my every food desire, but it is difficult.  This baby wants Chinese food, Snickers bars, and Taco Johns potato oles with nacho cheese.  Who am I to say he/she can’t have it??  Hahaha.  Yes, I have put on some pounds.  But guess what?  This time around, I really just DON’T CARE!  And it feels good.  I make sure to get my healthy food first, but then once I get my dairy, fruits and veggies, it’s a free for all.  I am so excited for watermelon.  It is the food that I want the most in the summer months of my pregnancies.  With salt.  It is delicious.

I am just now 19 weeks along and I feel great.  The tiredness stage only lasted about 6 weeks, from week 4-10.  No real morning sickness, just some emergency drive through trips for fast food when the funny feeling started to creep up on me.  Once a few French fries and a McChicken sandwich hit my tummy I was good to go!!  I am starting back up on my exercise, just some easy weights in the morning and walking at night, pushing the kids in the double jogger used to be such a breeze when I was RUNNING, now I slow down my WALKING pushing those two!!  I am so happy to have energy back….feeling so tired at night was depressing, and all I felt I did was work, kids, eat, bathroom, and sleep….then do it again all over again!

We are excited to find out the gender of the baby.  I sort of wish I was the kind of mom who could relax and not have to have the nursery all ready and decorated.  I have a few friends who have not found out until the baby is born…. I admire that, but I think not knowing would drive me crazy.  Besides, we have to decide on a name!

No comments:

Post a Comment