Chris ran his FIRST race ever on July 7th. It was a Pump and Run, a race that involved bench pressing and then a 5k. Chris probably wouldn’t have been interested if it didn’t involve some lifting. The goal for men is to bench press your body weight (women is 60% of your body weight) as many times as you are able followed by the running portion the next morning. I was so proud that he wanted to do it and it was his own idea!! I did the pump and run a long time ago and really liked it. The amount of times you bench is subtracted from your time. Chris benched his body weight 25 times!! He has not been really training for the 5k so his goal was 25 minutes to earn a “0.” Little brother Nick was eager to do the race with Chris. Nick is more seasoned runner, but doesn’t lift as often as Chris does.
The kids and I drove out to Dakota Dunes to scout out a good location to watch them. I was actually nervous for Chris since it is usually me doing the racing. I was afraid he might go out too fast and really be hurting at the end.
Waiting for Daddy!
Nick came in faster than I expected and I only caught the back of him! Nice time Nick!!
Yaaaayyyy Daddy! Lookin Good!!
RECOVERY!!
Jack was very concerned about the fact that Daddy was really tired!
The finishers are all smiles!! Nick finished fourth in his age division, Chris finished third.
Way to go guys! Next year can I join you?
No comments:
Post a Comment