Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sibling Class at St. Luke’s

I spent a long time trying to find a sibling class that would work in our schedule.  Mercy Medical Center did not offer a sibling class and that is where I wanted to deliver.  We decided to go to St. Luke’s for an evening class.  The kids had a lot of fun and I think they actually learned a little bit too! 

The class started with a movie and a snack.  A great start in Jack and Savvy’s book!  The movie was definitely made for preschool children and it kept their attention well while Chris and I tried not to laugh.  The teacher handed out backpacks with coloring books, tiny newborn diapers, big brother and big sister stickers, and other goodies.  The whole class had a camp out theme and the theme was incorporated into every activity. 

011

012

013

Once the movie was over the teacher let all the children take turns holding the baby doll and talking about how to carefully hold a new baby and not to ever walk or pick up the baby without the help of mom or dad. 

014

She was so excited to hold the baby….Savannah couldn’t stop talking about how she was going to help me feed the baby, change the baby, give the baby a bath, give the baby his binky…..everything!

016

Story time around the campfire, about a family with a new baby

017

Fishing for new baby items like binkies, diapers, bulb syringes, and bottles

018

I am pretty sure fishing was their favorite part.

019

021

Walking up to the nursery to see the real babies

022

023

024

025

Jack and Savvy were both very excited to see a real newborn baby behind the glass.  I still don’t think they really got it that very soon we would be having our own real tiny baby. 

The class was a great opportunity for me and Chris to come to terms with the fact that within a couple of weeks we were going to have a third child.  We were like Jack and Savannah.  Haha.  We knew it was going to happen, but we probably really didn’t get it either.  We were so excited and couldn’t wait for his arrival but at the same time it didn’t seem real yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment