This third pregnancy was a little different from my first two. For some reason I was less patient with the long 40 weeks required to grow this precious little baby boy. By the time I entered the third trimester I was ready to be done. I felt so full of baby that breathing was difficult, and I sitting on the floor with the kids was uncomfortable, and the kicks from little Landon were very strong and often seemed relentless. I seriously thought that I would give birth to a nine pound baby. I think part of it was that we were in a very chaotic time in our lives…..the stressful and painful ending of difficult job, the exciting but also stressful work involved with purchasing a practice, the sale of our home in Marshalltown, the securing of a rental home in Sioux City, and the move to Sioux City. Then starting work at the practice….all I wanted to do was to “wow” my new patients….and having a sore back not only from pregnancy but also from sitting in dental chairs that are older and not the most comfortable, in combination to the hottest dang summer and working with other women who are cold all the time, I was miserable. I sweat more at work those last eight weeks than I can remember since dental school. I kept a smiling face at work, but by the time I got home I was a pretty grumpy mom and wife.
I tried to remind myself that pregnancy is really such a short time in your life and to treasure it….but it was so difficult to believe those words when every day was a challenge.
Blogging and photos were something that definitely took the backburner, but I am excited to finally be catching up. As I go through all my pictures I realize how many photos I didn’t take that I wanted to… and it makes me sad. I only have two bump belly pictures…. and I so badly wanted to have professional maternity pictures taken with Jack and Savannah and even some with Chris too. I may never be blessed with another baby…. and I will be heartbroken if I never have some kind of photo memories of the beautiful time in my life when I was carrying one of my children.
Here is one of Landon’s first ultrasound photos….what a little miracle he is!!
I love this one… it is just amazing at the detail that is visible on these ultrasounds. I couldn’t wait to see that tiny face, and hold onto those little fingers.
Six months…funny how much bigger I really was as compared to this photo…haha, that’s why I like it.
Eight months!
In hindsight….as I type this update in the car on the way to Iowa City with my whole family of five…my pregnancy was easy….and I am staring at my beautiful son in his car seat and it was oh so worth every minute. Because I have another child to love, to care for, and watch grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment