Sunday, April 7, 2013

Amy’s Shower Weekend

Amy's Bridal Shower with Bouquet of Flowers from 8 Roder Aunts

Aunt Diane hosted a shower for Amy at her home in Peterson, Iowa on May 2nd.  It was so nice to see my Dad’s side of the family.  I have many wonderful aunts and it was great to catch up with them. Amy received some beautiful gifts, and it was an opportunity for Jacob’s mom and Grandma to meet my Dad’s sisters.  Savannah loved helping Amy with her gifts, and my favorite part was the games.  Diane, Nancy, Janet, and Jolene all put such effort into the shower it means so much to my mom and my sisters that they have continued to always make us feel special even though Dad lives so far away. 

Bridal Shower - Julie, Therese, Amy, Christina & Savanna (2)

Bridal Shower - Julie, Therese, Amy, Christina & Savanna

Bridal Shower -The Roder Aunt's Diane, Janet, (Amy) Jolene, Nancy

Diane, Janet, Amy, Jolene, and Nancy

Bridal Shower - Christina, Therese, Amy, Julie Savanna and Faith Dobney

The following day, May 3rd was Amy’s shower in Sioux City, hosted by Christina and me.  It was a whirlwind day…weekend really.  The invitations, the food, decorations, games, set up and clean up.  It was a very fun process and I am so glad I had Christina’s help and organization.  I wish I would have taken more pictures.  The gift table looked so nice and so did the breakfast buffet table.  Also, the centerpieces I arranged by hand and they turned out really pretty.  I am just happy that the day went so smoothly…..because after Amy’s shower we were off to Bonnie’s shower across town.  The champagne at her shower was definitely necessary.

amysshower

555047_218674278275717_279611166_n

Amy looked so pretty and both Brook and Savannah loved being able to help Amy with her gifts.

007

012

017

008

The ladies hard at work on one of the two games we played.  Overall the shower was a hit! Now onto the bachelorette party plans!!  May 18th will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment